Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In short; the built in spam filter protection rules 'Allow Domains' and the 'Block Domains' are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard!

I have worked on a few email filtering systems over many years but must rate this as one of the most badly designed and user unfriendly I have yet encountered. The Interface and it's functionality needs a complete rework. Also, the programmed maximum internal size of all system rule stores need an 'urgent' rethink and could really do to be increased by 100 for all filter rules.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is there any way to trace if someone download or upload any documents on draft folder in the outlook

Is there any way to trace if someone download or upload any documents on draft folder in the outlook

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Updated to the Hybrid Modertn Authentication Document

I followed the following document to setup Modern Auth for my on premise Exchange; however I there was one item that I had to resolve that took me forever to figure out that other may benefit from. in my case my external DNS name space was different than internal and I had to run the following command for my internal autodiscovery URL before this would work - set-clientaccessservice -AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri https://exchange.company.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml

where exchange.company.com was the same as my external name space

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/hybrid-modern-auth-overview?redirectSourcePath=%252fen-us%252farticle%252fHybrid-Modern-Authentication-overview-and-prerequisites-for-using-it-with-on-premises-Skype-for-Business-and-Exchange-servers-ef753b32-7251-4c9e-b442-1a5aec14e58d

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. NDR for email sent from distribution group.

Currently, only one of the owners receives NDRs for emails sent from distribution groups, so please improve it to reach multiple users.
    In addition, if you are the owner, you can edit the distribution group, so prepare a separate setting item to specify the recipient of the NDR.

配布グループから送信したメールに対する NDR は、現在のところ所有者の 1 名にしか配信されないため、複数名に届くよう改善してほしい。
    また、所有者の場合配布グループを編集出来てしまうため、NDR の受信者を指定するための設定項目を別に用意してほしい。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. On the "Purchase Services" page, some products are displayed multiple times.

On the "Purchase Services" page, some products are displayed multiple times, for example "Visio Plan 1" and "Visio Plan 1" at two different prices. But when the user selects "Compare" or "Details", no difference is shown. It is not until the Checkout page that the user understands the difference between the plans (annual commitment or no annual commitment). Either have each plan shown only once on the "Purchase Services" page with the lowest price ("starting at"), or explain the different prices on the page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Publishing author with permission to delete everything in Office 365.

Publishing author with permission to delete everything in Office 365.

In Outlook 2016 if you select the publishing author you will see that only the options are checked:
    Read
    Delete own items
    Create items
    Create Subfolders
    Edit your own items
    Visible Folder

In Exchange Online, Microsoft has marked the "DELETE ALL" option in the "PUBLISH AUTHOR" permission.

ALL OTHER PERMISSIONS ARE CORRECT AND THAT IS ONLY WITH PROBLEM.

ERROR BY MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Prevent Exchange Mail Flow Rules from Scanning Hyperlinks

Would like to prevent hyperlinks from being included when a Mail Rule scans the Subject & Body of emails for certain Words/Text Patterns. This would prevent false encryption of emails that happen to be triggered by the content of hyperlinks. For example a rule that looks for a specific letter/number pattern.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How to delete a large amount of the message items from one public folder mailbox efficiently in Office 365?

There is no other way to delete emails from Public Folder apart from using Outlook Client.

Please share your ideas.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please allow admin's that do not have a Business licence to use Microsoft Authenticator

Now that all Global Admins must use MFA. My mobile coverage is often non-existent and therefore I cannot receive a mobile or SMS authentication code. I am unable to use the Microsoft Authenticator app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. MS Visio uninstall independent of other O365 applications so that other office applications don't need to be shut down first.

In order to completely uninstall O365 Visio Click To Run you must shut down all other office applications. This is a large inconvenience for the person using the computer. O365 CTR applications need to be independent of each other and able to be uninstalled silently.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Excel online needs to have the same multi user cell editing and user change auditing as they do on google

One drive must have the ability to set tenant wide display settings for all users

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keep outdated message center posts in the dashboard

Sometimes I found some messages are deleted without any communication and this makes us confused. If you have any outdated messages, please keep them in the message center dashboard with the note that why it became unpublished.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change the display name of the synced users via AAD Connect

Users who has been synced via AAD Connect have the same display name for the O365 account and on-premise AD account; however, I would like to set a different display name for the O365 account. This would be helpful when managing display names specifically for a mail client software we use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Customize the key used in audio navigation for the MFA via phone

I would like to customize keypad entries which directed to user over the phone when MFA is enabled. I would like to avoid users to use the # key.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to use the Intune Managed Browser instead of WebView for OneDrive

We would like the ability to switch the default web browser for OneDrive from WebView to the Intune Managed Browser. So that links opening in OneDrive automatically open in the Managed Browser.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Content serch in office 365

I want to implement a function that can limit the search user for each administrator
    検索するユーザーを管理者ごとに制限できる機能を実装してほしい

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When a user with an F1 license is deleted and the mailbox converted to shared, enable the MAPI protocol by default on the shared mailbox.

When a user with an F1 license is deleted and the mailbox converted to shared, enable the MAPI protocol by default on the shared mailbox. Without MAPI enabled, the shared mailbox is not available to any delegate using the Outlook desktop client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. To know how many emails with attachement

Suivre le nombre de mail avec pièces attachées pour comparer avec le nombre de fichiers partagés avec OneNote ou SharePoint

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base