Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix issue of unable to edit contact notes

For about 1 month have been unable to edit the notes (body) of about 10% of contacts on different pcs, different profiles, same Office 365 account. Turning off cached mode made no difference. New profiles didn't help. Forcing reversion from Monthly fast channel to semi-annual didn't help either.

Not getting problem in the cloud Outlook.

Local workaround was to create new contact and copy/paste the body into the new one, then delete old contact. Didn't seem to recur on new contact.

3rd tech found it in the known issues in Feb and said to expect a fix in next update…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding field for employee ID to the user‘s contacts in Office 365

It would be nice to add employee ID to user’s contact item when registering users to Office 365, since we would like to manage users by using employee ID. So, it would be great if I could have the filed or customize fields.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow users to remove/hide/or move down list the Groups and Favorite Group Calendars additions to the left hand navigation pane.

Allow users to remove/hide/or move down list the Groups and Favorite Group Calendars additions to the left hand navigation pane.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. My outlook is so much irrupting me today, Could you please improve it??

When i go to search panel to search my previous email it stopped searching and closed automatically. I need to reset it. Please help me i am so much worried about it.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Extend the O365 protection report

Customize reports for upto 1 year and make it presentable to executives.

The report is very raw and non presentable to executives.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create an easy way to set OneDrive delegates for former employees

With all the changes between the old and new looks of OneDrive, it is almost impossible now as an admin to give manager access to a former employees OneDrive. I can access the files very easy as an admin but then need to take manual intervention of the files to get them to the manager. I would like an easy way to delegate access to former employees OneDrives to their managers just like I can for exchange/mail.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow for us to prioritize licenses if they are in multiple groups in Azure AD

We would like to be able to in Azure AD to use the new license feature to prioritize the license applied to a user account. The issue since we are in education is we have users that could be a staff/faculty and a student at the same time. Since they could be in both of those groups the license system in Azure AD errors out since they would already have a conflicting license.

It would be nice if there was a way to say if they have an Office 365 Education E3 for faculty that gets priority over a Office…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Service Request needs REQUIRED fields for contact

We are a state government O365 client. We recently submitted a ticket for Microsoft Premier Support through O365 admin portal. We did not get a response and had to contact our support liaison and escalate within our state's contract oversight.

We were told we had not been contacted because there was no contact info in the ticket.

The fields in the form were "title", "error message" and "Description". After the ticket was created there was "Notes".

If contact info cannot be pulled from the account and must be in the ticket, then there should be separate, *REQUIRED* fields for contact…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow the admin to receive Microsoft office 365 invoice included in an email (and not only link)

To obtain monthly invoices for Office365, we have to click on several links. In addition to the links please send a PDF version of the invoice included by email.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable mail-enabled security group owners to add and remove members

We are using mail-enabled security groups to managed access to Azure Analysis Services (this is a requirement from Microsoft). We found that group owners are unable to add/remove members from those groups as now add/remove option is available in the UI. We need this to be enabled to continue our strategy of self-service group management.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Feed Back Button

I would like to see a Feed Back button included in each Tile area much like the one available in SharePoint. I think this would allow Microsoft to receive more suggestions regarding questions, suggestions and issues pertaining to these programs.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hiding Trend

Please make the item which called Trend in video portal can be hidden.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OPTION TO SWITCH FROM OFFICE 2019 TO 365 AFTER BUYING IT

Buying costly 2019 permanent version then deciding to switch to 365 before passing 1 year is a serious problem that wish to be resolved.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 特定ドメインをメールヒントから除外するための設定として「リモートドメインの設定」以外での実装を希望する

特定ドメインをメールヒントから除外するための設定として「リモートドメインの設定にて該当のドメインの [IsInternal] パラメータを True にすることで内部の受信者としてメールヒント上に表示させなくする」方法を教示されたが設定を行うとハイブリッド環境のEdgeサーバでメール転送・変換をしない仕様であることが判明したため、リモートドメイン以外の方法で実装をお願いしたい

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. About Office 365 Video

On the page of Statistics in Office 365 video, the displayed number of “Watched” differs from the actual number of watched.
    I really want this will be improved in the nearly future.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Request a feature to retrieve a log whether users did activate Office 365 ProPlus

I would like to retrieve a Content Delivery Network (CDN) and communication log when users activated Office 365 ProPlus.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. increase the maximum character size of the transport rule

When you create a transport rule, this rule limits to only 8192 characters. This limitation prevents the creation of a complete rule.
    Please increase

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Cannot dial a queue number in Teams. A resource account has a direct routing number in Hybrid environment

Cannot dial a queue number in Teams. A resource account has a direct routing number in Hybrid environment

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Migrate Mailbox to a pre-existing 365 User Account without deleting the 365 UserData

As most companies would do I'm sure, we start using 365 accounts with matching UserNames to keep it easy for our users to get things like "Teams" etc. before we decided to move our emails to it (meaning we had to manually create a 365 user). This subsequently created a separate mailbox automatically which we where not using because we had our own Exchange.

When we decided to move our emails to it we went through the ADConnect process and Sync our On-Premis AD to it meaning both our usernames and passwords matched our On-Premis details.

This however prevented us…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. background alert report

Put background options on sharepoint online when we enable alerts to stay on the most enjoyable theme

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base