Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Automatic replies in O365 Admin Center

Add the option to enable automatic replies in Exchange Online / O365 Admin Center

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Feature for administrators to set their preferred timing to have users reset their password.

It would be great if you could implement a feature that administrators can set their preferred timing to requests users reset their password; for example when users accessed Office 365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow the tenant to turn off service plans of a subcription by default, so when creating accounts they won't even show up to turn off.

Allow the tenant to turn off service plans of a subcription by default, so when creating accounts they won't even show up to turn off. Otherwise have to setup a running powershell script in case someone by accident turns on onedrive, or say sharepoint, but you don't want those features enabled

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ticket 5690624 - I received billing notificatiosn of permanent deletion of subscription data for both my E3 and my E1 accounts.

ticket 5690624 - I received billing notification of permanent deletion of subscription data for both my E3 and my E1 accounts. I called billing support and they could not definitively prove which accounts these are. it turned out that these messages related to ols subscriptions that were previously renewed, so this was not an issue for us. Why did I have to work oon the phone foran hour for somthing that was unimportant to me. there should be a way for me to determine, within the email message, whether this is critical or informational for deletions like this.

thsi should…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Exchange Admin Console

Add "One" search bar for Mailboxes, groups, resources, contacts, shared. It's easy to do this on the Admin Center, why not do the same for Exchange Admin Center. You don't always know what it is you are searching for. You might only have a name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix the msExchHideFromAddressLists function when there is no onsite Exchange

The requirement to have an Exchange schema extension in one's local AD when using AAD Connect to set this variable is burdensome. We don't want a ton of AD additions to set a mail object to be hidden or visible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. e mail history

I have a computer 10 years
    had to buy new computer
    when you get an e amil and reply it stores the address in history
    microsoft tell me you cannot copy this to a new computer
    10 yeras addresses lost
    can this be resolved

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I want to check the date and time of conversion from a user mailbox to a shared mailbox.

Currently, if you want to check the date and time of conversion from user mailbox to shared mailbox, you need to check from the audit log.
    現在、ユーザーメールボックスから共有メールボックスに変換した日時を確認したい場合、監査ログより確認する必要がある。
    Since it is not possible to narrow down and check only the date and time converted to the shared mailbox, it takes time and effort.
    共有メールボックスに変換した日時のみに条件を絞って確認することができないため、手間がかかる。
    Therefore, I want a function to check only the date and time converted to a shared mailbox.
    そのため、共有メールボックスに変換した日時のみに条件を絞って確認する機能がほしい。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. extend the remove-inboxrule cmdlet to clean all rules

The remove-inboxrule cmdlet allows admins to remove rules set by users. However, if those rules are hidden then you need to go client side and use outlook.exe /cleanrules.

From an admin perspective getting that done can be challenging. Particularly if the user can't use the command line or command line functions are locked down.

A better option would be;

remove-inboxrule -mailbox bob@contoso.com -cleanrules

The cmdlet would replicate the /cleanrules on outlook and remove all rules, visible and hidden.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There's no option to convert customer's mailboxes to shared using Partner Center. Works only for global o365 admin

There's no option to convert customer's mailboxes to shared using Partner Center. Works only for Global o365 Admin, but it's not good for us as a IT support company because we should know which of our engineers made changes (because of GDPR). Now we have approved partnership with each of our customer's O365 tenant, but we can't convert mailboxes to shared.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Microsoft's internal ETL-analysis utility should be released publicly.

Microsoft should release its internal ETL-analysis utility to the O365 admin public audience. Microsoft Support is an unnecessary and arbitrary middleman for (e.g.,) Outlook ETL analysis, adding DAYS to the troubleshooting effort. The information this utility provides is astonishingly clear and to the point. If admins knew what they were missing, they would be hounding Microsoft for this tool. (Yes, MSFT would have to rename the utility, as there appears to be an app with the same name in the MSFT Store. As the public doesn't know the name of this utility, that should present no problem.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My feedback is regarding yammer- Is there any option to remove/report objectionable/offensive posts on Yammer ? Please add this featue.

My feedback is regarding yammer- Is there any option to remove/report objectionable/offensive posts on Yammer ? Please add this featue. Some employees tend to post sensitivie issues on this open platform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. verification via other means

We were with a domain provider who would not allow us to add TXT records nor add MX records unless we stopped using their MX records at the same time and thus lose access to our email and 547 mailboxes.

Thus we were unable to verify our domain for Exchange online. Obviously we could have moved the domain to a provider that does allow TXT records but we could not do this until we had migrated the 547 mailboxes to 365 - which we couldn't do with an unverified domain.

This meant that Microsoft did not get our business.

I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I cannot find my payment receipt for my 2017 Microsoft office subscription. I have 2018, but no 2017, but I paid it

where do I find the receipt for last year. It only lists my free token in 2016 and my payment in 2018, but it does not show my payment for 2017! I need a receipt

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need provision to enable reply option with attachment

need provision to enable reply option with attachment

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make it possible to adjust security alerts in security and compliance portal.

We receive many alerts for relatively low activity. e.g. external access alert gets triggered has HIGH when a known customer is posting files in an external SharePoint doc repository. It would be great to adjust the min # of files before the alert is triggered. It would also be nice to make customers a guest and mark them as safe. There are many more examples that could be cited.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base