Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recover Deleted Items increase to 30 days

We are using Exchange Online (2013). We would like to change the Recover Deleted Items default of 15 days to 30 days. It can be done easily, with a PowerShell command. But guess what, it only applies to users CURRENTLY in the organization. Every time a new user is added, you have to re-run the PowerShell command. Holy 1985 Batman.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Templates for Automatic replies

I personally think this is a helpful and a missing feature. As a system administrator I would like to create templates for automatic replies. So, my employees can pick one of the templates in Outlook and use (or modify) it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow Adminstrator to turn off subscriptioin renewal pop ups.

This is unbelievably counter productive as it refreshes on load of any new page we are attempting to work on. It needs to flash one time on log on and that is it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable access for exchange online admins to modify/remove default admin roles

Currently default admin roles in exchange admin cant be managed by exchange/tenant administrators. We have old Blackberry related admin roles still active. We need permission to modify/remove default roles.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a feature for PowerShell to output certain activities from the Usage report in Microsoft 365 admin center

It would be great to have a feature to output certain activities from the Usage report by using PowerShell cmdlet, so that administrators can get certain values of activities only, such as Exchange Last Activity Date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integrate new configuration flags for email enabled public folders

For shared mailboxes the admin could control if a sent message should be copied to the senders mailbox.
    I think it is also helpful if this option is available for email enabled public folders.

For me it would be very helpful, because I have many automatic mails over public folders, and every mail is also included in the sent folder of my own mailbox.

Following you can see the configuration settings from shared mailboxes.

You can enable this functionality by setting the feature enable flag to TRUE, as follows:

For emails that are sent from the shared mailbox: 

set-mailbox <mailbox…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Changing default setting for Skype For Business to coordinate with primary option.

Kind of a weird default for setting - enabling external user option to add does not technically work until the Skype For Business admin center -> organization -> external communications -> external access is changed to be opposite from its default setting (ie. changed to "On except for blocked domains) - suggestion for software enhancement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I want a feature to display Microsoft 365 Admin Center Service Health in Japanese

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft 365 管理センターの [サービス正常性] を日本語で表示する機能の追加を希望します。
    I want a feature to display Microsoft 365 Admin Center Service Health in Japanese

■Description(内容):
    サービス インシデントが発生した際に、[サービス正常性] にて確認可能です。
    しかしながら、英語表記となっておりエンド ユーザー様へ適切なご説明が困難です。
    そのため、正式レポートとして日本語にて表示する機能の追加を希望します。
    When service incidents happen they can be checked using Service Health.
    But everything is in English and it is hard to explain properly to the end user.
    So I hope a feature will be added to make official reports display in Japanese.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Access to Security & Compliance portal from Partner Center

Customer Security & Compliance portal is not accessible via Partner Center. Are there any plans make this happen?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove Automapping when Access Rights are removed

Please, when Full Access rights (which automatically adding Automapping to Outlook) permissions to shared mailbox are removed, it should also remove the Automapping attributes to do not stuck stale mailboxes in Outlook client. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Remove-CalendarEvents" is missing the ability to add text to the cancellation.

Adding text to the cancelled meeting event will allow the cancelled meeting to make more sense to the person receiving the cancellation. It can be used to explain the reason for the mass cancellations especially if the meeting organizer is no longer with the company.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. malware filter, messages from internal senders, would be better if checked against actual users and aliases, not spoofed fakes

would be better if the email warning could let me know which of my domain users is mentioned in the email. For example the warning only tells me the FROM (sender address) not the return path which is apparently where the warning derived its internal connection from:
    senderaddress returnpath
    evea@ncat.edu evea@[my domain].com
    However it would be even better if it would then run the user in the return path against our list of users and aliases since this evea has never been used at our organization so not actually internal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Entregando instrucciones claras sobre como instalar un producto (Visio)

Compré el siguiente producto:

Número de pedido: 6929c856-1f10-424b-8ea3-7e82e051c225 Visio Online Plan 2 1 Licencias.

No he recibido instrucciones claras sobre como instalar el producto. Si no he recibido esas instrucciones en el transcurso de las próximas 24 horas, por favor cancelar el pedido y revertir cualquier cargo que se haya hecho.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Order Teams by recent activity

Be able to produce a report that shows which Teams are stale and which have activity (of any sort). Currently, you can view user and device activity, but I want to see which Teams are being used, when they were last used, the nature of the activity and how often (over time) they are used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mostrar IP acceso a cuenta

Sufrí un fallo de seguridad en unas de las cuentas de correo y sacaron mi contraseña, realizando envio de spam.
    Me gustaría que me mostrase desde que IP y fechas fueron los accesos a las distintas cuentas.
    Gracias

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. EAC Doesn't Allow Forwarding to Guest Accounts

Previously, if we needed to forward mail to an external contact (think an outside accountant), we would do that with a contact record in Exchange Online. Now that guest accounts are a thing, we may have added an outside user as a guest so they can be part of a team. The problem is that this now blocks email forwarding to that user. In the EAC, you can't setup a forwarding rule on a mailbox to go to a guest account. You also can't create a contact when a guest account exists for that external email address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When we are provisioning a user to o365, user’s license group is not reflecting correctly but when we try editing the license, it shows the

When we are provisioning a user to o365, user’s license group is not reflecting correctly but when we try editing the license, it shows the correct license.

USER 1:
    Provisioning the user to Yammer Enterprise Standalone :

After Re-Provisioning the user to Office Enterprize E3:

Count is reflecting Correctly for the Groups

Error :
    Name is not reflecting accordingly , as its still representing the name of the 1st group :

Naming Convention Error : It should reflect Office Enterprise E1, where as its reflecting Yammer Standalone , which is the First provisioned group.

User 2 :
    Provisioning user with…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Simplify Room/Resource coexistence during lengthy migration from another platform.

Allow either contact type of Resource or simply allow room bookings to be forwarded to an smtp address during coexistence. This will simplify coexistence and lessen the impact to customers during migration and coexistence.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base