Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. O365 Outlook skin - Options

The new Outlook skin for O365 is wildly different than previous versions of outlook.
    Please provide an option to return to the 2016 or 2013 skin.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug Fix: "Edit Settings" Button In Portal

When I click on the "Edit Settings" button in 0365 Portal nothing happens - no pop-up screen, no sub-menu, nothing that gives me, as an admin, the ability to customize the 0365 experience. I've reported to tech support and they're having the same problem and suggest I flag here.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. end-user notification

We need to be change the end user spam notification schedule, e.g. send twice per day, and could customized delivery time

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow admin to require users to reconfirm/modify MFA info

Allow admin to require users (individually or all together) to reconfirm/modify their MFA info.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. detected malware should have a description

when an email is deleted due to detected malware, there is no information associated with the detection, other than the malware name. This name, sometimes, is not even listed in the threat encyclopedia. We are not able to determine if it is a possible false positive or if it is a real threat. And the attachment is gone at this point. The attachment should be available for further analysis as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow global user calendar permissions

Allow admins to set the default setting of personal calendars so that all employees can view the contents (subjects and details) of other employee's meetings without having each employee change the settings and permissions on a per user basis.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. créer un outil d'analyse de mail pour valider la bonne réception des pièces jointes

créer un outil d'analyse de mail pour valider la bonne réception des pièces jointes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unable to create links on the SharePoint homepage

Unable to create links on the SharePoint homepage (Unable to create links on the SharePoint Homepage (https://officegrip.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx) since the last update.

Please bring the option back, especially when working with several sitecollections in one tenant.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tracking Status is not populating the confirmed conference rooms for Meeting Attendees but are visible only to the Meeting Organizer

Tracking Status is not populating the confirmed conference rooms for Meeting Attendees but are visible only to the Meeting Organizer

Please contact me at bdhir@gritstone.com for further clarification or if you have any questions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Require .xlsm file extension to be added to Malware Protection File Types

Require .xlsm file extension to be added to Malware Protection File Types

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. share calendars throughout the organization

Allow admin to share calendars with everyone in the organization.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. COMPLAINT: 365 does not let you sign in after

No sign in's, if you have paid for the product it should be down loaded and ready to use!!!!!!! does not work on Macs.....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Microsoft Excel File Password Remove Tool

Just use effective excel password recovery tool is recover excel file password without any critical errors and break excel file password. With the help of Microsoft excel file password remove tool is easy manual method to recover forget excel file password within few time.

Read more:- https://sites.google.com/view/stellaexlpassrecovery

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Domain verification documentation update for 123-reg.co.uk

THe official documentation on how to verify a domain for O365 has a small but very annoying problem. This problem is related to the domains registered through 123-reg.co.uk, here are the problems:

1) MX validation cannot be used (123-reg will not allow you to add the requested MX value, saying it is an invalid value)
    2) TXT validation NEEDS TO HAVE A DOT after the MS=msXXXXXXXX value. The dot is crucial, otherwise the domain will never get validated. Please update documentation to reflect this, value should be MS=msXXXXXXXX. for domains registred trough 123-reg.co.uk

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. have a dropdown option in the GAL for nested distribution lists

For nested distribution lists, have a dropdown in the global address list which shows just the nested groups (and not the individual users) so the user can simply click on a plus sign on the parent distribution list in the GAL and choose the nested distribution list.
    and
    make the "notes" field editable in powershell for AD synced distribution lists. (they are currently editable in o365 groups)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Get more details from Email activity report when using Office 365 usage report

I would like you to add a type of action; getting the capacity of email items reports from the Email activity widget which in Office 365 admin center >Reports > Usage. It would be nice to obtain such details to investigate network load, because we have a network delay problem for certain amount of time in our tenant, and it’s hard to get details from each user’s mailbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make UserPrincipalName a positional parameter in Get-MSOLUser, Set-MSOLUser, etc.

Okay, this module has been around for close to a decade now. How is it UserPrincipalName is NOT a positional parameter on "get-msoluser", "set-msoluser" etc.? Can you make it behave like get-mailbox? Get-ADUser even has SamAccountName as a positional parameter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provision services more efficiently

I have wasted about 9 hours of my time today and over 3 days last week just to provision emails for a client of mine on Office 365. I've spent hours back and forth with the MS support team whilst they tried to resolve the provision of 17 emails last Thursday /Friday/ Saturday. Finally leaving my office at 9.30 on Friday evening! Only to find that by adding another email today I was faced with the same failings on your part- and hours back and forth again over 3 hours. As a self-employed person I have not earnt an income…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Notifications from calendar to IOS device, now! The Tx msg work around is less functional and formatted like '93 MS DOS

Please give me calendar notifications to my IOS device like every other two bit app on the market. the work around with text messages looks terrible. how did someone forget to include notification functionality for a CALENDAR app??!! One of the essential functions here is letting me know what I need to do, right? Also, the integrated calendar/email app is only useful when scheduling appointments. when it comes to reviewing what one has to do it falls short. Both native IOS and Gmail apps are way ahead of outlook in this respect. Please catch up, you can do it!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base