Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add ability to change country

I created an account for a client of mine. I set it up on my company (registered in Sweden) to be able to fix this smoothly for my customer. When I now want to change ownership to his company (registered in Switzerland) I cannot do that. That is strike one.

Ok, so I was told that I should setup a new account and then you could help me migrate all data to the new account, so I did. When I came back asking for the migration step I get the instructions to do this via exporting to pst-files. I MEAN…

773 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      49 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • View Current Automapping setting

Currently there is no way to view whether Automapping of a mailbox is enabled or disabled in office 365. It would be nice to be able to view this value in either powershell or the GUI.

Additionally it would be nice to be able to turn automapping on or off via the EMC instead of only powershell.

747 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        24 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow global admin to create custom O365 management roles

Instead of putting request on UserVoice forum every time we need to delegate permissions for some o365 feature like Report Viewer or enabling MFA for specific users, it will be great if global admins will be able to define custom admin roles that will define specific o365 service features and that will affect certain write scope based on user parameters like domain for example or even better based on group membership.

697 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Ability to limit user logon hours

With the Department of Labor showing interest in how employees are using their smartphones to access corporate resources the ability to limit some of their access may be required. Adding the ability to limit a users logon hours, preferably linked to their Logon Hours in AD (synced to account with DirSync ability) would be ideal to assist with this management.

684 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Need a way to force sync all my users' photos from exchange online to sharepoint online

Need a way to force sync all my users' photos from exchange online to sharepoint online. The user photos do not sync unless they visit their profile page. But many of our users don't do that resulting in the blank head shot photo which annoys our upper mgmt. We ask our users to hit their profile page but they do not always comply and we have thousands of users. So the photo feature is of limited usefulness and just ends up confusing people who expect a photo to show for everyone in the company. This has been a big problem…

653 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              17 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Reporting and/or monitoring for OneDrive client sync status.

A report or monitor that shows OneDrive sync client health status would give support teams the tools to remediate file-sync issues before they turn into data-loss issues.

As it stands, the only visibility we have into OneDrive sync health (Groove or Next-Gen client) is to ask users to self-report when they see a sync error. This is difficult to do in a small environment, and near impossible in large environments.

646 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                23 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Send invoices as attachments

Currently when an invoice is generated, the billing/global admins receive an email that the invoice is ready to be viewed. It would be very beneficial if the actual invoice was attached in the email rather than having to login to view the invoice.

645 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Enable Windows Powershell to use MFA

We want to use Windows Powershell with MFA accounts for more security

618 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    29 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Allow admins to turn off likes and @mention - PLEASE!

Once again, OWA has new 'features' added which are causing problems - particularly in a School environment such as ours. Likes and @mentions are flying about the system - teachers email a group of students who click the 'like' button and the teacher then gets loads of pings back which they have to deal with! Obviously, this could be useful but PLEASE release an admin UI for the control panel when you add these features so we can CHOOSE whether to let users have these features!

514 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      56 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Option to disable Flow and PowerApps

I really need an option that will disable Flow and PowerApps for all sites within a site collection while retaining the "new experience" for libraries and lists. Ideally, the option to enable/disable Flow is a separate from enabling/disabling PowerApps.

Management has requested from me to remove these options, but I cannot do that without removing the "new experience" that our users have grown accustomed to and prefer. Flow and PowerApps provide new functionality that we cannot support at this point in time and is not part of our SharePoint Online training and rollout plan.

498 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        16 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Email notifications of Message Centre messages

It is very frustrating to see messages that have been lying there for weeks - who has time or remembers to go into the admin panel every day? Email notifications to the tenant owner should be standard on this. We get notified by email for everything else, why not messages?

483 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          15 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Service Health (dashboard) alerts to be send via email

Global Admin or any Distribution list be able to receive the service health dashboard summary or any major service outage alerts over the email.
                          There has to be an option to subscribe to the alerts (old school SharePoint Lists alerts mechanism) providing an email. This functionality should be only permissible to Global Admin and can add up to 5 email addresses.
                          This will reduce the over head of an Admin to keep going back to dashboard to be able to monitor health, Or if this needs to be assigned to a separate team (without exposing the Admin Center).

470 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            31 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • enable office 365 MFA by default for all new users

Feature Request: Structural Integrity Associates is an office365 E3 tenant that has recently deployed Multi Factor Authentication MFA too all users in our organization. We are looking for a way to set the default MFA settings to "enabled" for all new users. It would also be nice to configure a number as default to get new users up and running before they have a company cell phone. For example, input a company main office phone number or issupoprt phone to allow MFA before they get a company cell phone.

439 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              16 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Support conversion to shared mailbox for synced users

Currently a mailbox for a synced user can be converted to shared in EAC. This results in a corrupted mailbox object and an Azure AD object that still requires a license. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2710029. Customers need to move the mailbox to on-premises Exchange, convert it to shared and then move the mailbox back to Exchange Online. This process can be cumbersome and even worse, if customer is not aware of this issue the shared mailbox will be removed after the grace period expires.

It should be supported to convert a mailbox to shared for a synced user in Exchange Online,…

436 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                8 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Billing Notifications vs. Global Admins

Any Global Admin automatically gets our Billing Statements. Why is this so rigid? I would like to be able to add an email address to the Billing Notifications, say, "Accounts Payable@ domain.com" but I don't want the Accounting department here to be a Global Admin in Exchange.

By the same token, I might have outside consultants that I want to be Global Admins, but I don't need them getting our billing statements.

414 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  36 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Implement email address policy

On-premises Exchange had Email Address Policies which allowed administrators to define the email addresses (SMTP:alias@domain1.com,smtp:firstname@domain2.com) that would automatically be added to mailboxes.

Office 365 desperately needs this functionality so we don't have to resort to over complicated PowerShell scripts.

395 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    25 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Email notification for password expiration

Email notification for password expiration would help! So many users do not see the little tiny quick popup window ever. They start their computer and open Outlook and walk away. This results in never seeing when my password will expire. Would like to have some type of option to have an email sent daily once you hit the 14 day window of needing to reset your password. Would be nice if we could customize it with a company logo also and have the options to change how many times to notify an end user. Maybe we only want one email…

389 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      29 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Change or customize start page for all users onto Office 365 portal

Change or customize start page for all users on same time.

378 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        16 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Create new Remote Shared Mailboxes from hybrid

Allow the creation of new remote mailboxes that are 'shared' mailboxes. At present, you have to create a regular user mailbox and then after you have synchronized this to Office 365, you then have to login to the 365 admin portal and convert it to shared. The problem with this method is that the user object on premises will always be shown as an office 365 mailbox and not an office 365 shared mailbox. Just a bit messy.

367 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          19 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Disable Automapping for Mailboxes from Admin Center

Proposal: Have the option through GUI to disable automapping for inboxes, and/or certain individuals that have permission to that inbox.

Explanation: When you assign permissions for someone to a particular inbox (including shared) it automatically adds the mailbox to their Outlook profile - this has caused us issues. While it can be disabled through PowerShell, it's very tedious to go through and remove each user and then add each user to every inbox with automapping disabled.

359 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base