Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Report last time users logged into Office365

It would be really great if it was possible to see a report of the last time each user logged in to Office365 (be that portal.office.com, or mail, or sharepoint, or teams whatever) in a GUI based page on the Search & Discover - Usage area. Every client we deliver O365 to wants this kind of report and we inherit an unwelcome overhead of producing a report like this from powershell. It would be much better if power users could go and get this information in a gui based page somewhere in O365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. central deployment services and add in's not populating via outlook client when setup. no apps will work

Central deployment feature via services and add-ins not working, it says its working via admin centre but after numerous attempts with multiple add ins it wont populate in the outlook client nor does it come up in managed apps by your admin. MS still cannot find out why this isn't working.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix To Do Notes

Using Internet Explorer, it is not possible to type in the notes section of a task. The letters are written over and deleted. No problem using Chrome.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For global admin who doesn't have an Exchange account, he should be able to create O365 group in the admin console

For global admin who doesn't have an Exchange account, he should be able to create O365 group in the admin console

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Einfügen Signatur, in Email durch ersetzten von Texten

über die Funktion Text erkennen, durch den Admin kann eine nicht im Täglichen Arbeiten vorkommenden Textzeile erstellt werden.
    Sollte es es doch möglich sein an dieser Stelle einen Text einzufügen. der Text welcher eingefügt werden soll, ist dann der angelegte Haftungsausschluss.
    So ist immer Sichergestellt das der Haftungsausschluss nicht am Ende der Email steht, sondern immer unter dem eigenen geschrieben Text eingefügt wird.

Funktion sollte benannt werden: Text erkennen und ersetzten durch Haftungsausschluss

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Not having the ability to input external emails (non contacts) in distibution lists is causing conflict with multiple display name.

Allow non established contacts to be manually be added to distribution lists. This will solve problematic issues with cross matching display names for contacts with multiple emails. I wouldn't have created allot of the contacts that I had to do if I could have just inputted the the email needed to be assigned as a member on a DL.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it possible to change initials manually and through group policy.

Our company wants customization when it comes to initials that appear. Currently John M. Doe reads as JM not JD. Why can't we change this? Seems common sense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it possible to choose what Report parts to be Anonymoused

Make it possible to choose what Report parts to be Anonymoused.
    For user and activity Reports when using Anonymoused settings its har do do proper evaluations.
    Would suggest options to choose which of the other info should be Anonymoused.
    Eg. Having Display Name/UPN Anonymoused - while keeping Company and Department visable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Remove requirement for MailNickName

After migrating from DirSync to Azure AD Sync the additional requirement is made that mailnickname attribute must contain information to sync Exchange information. This is not alerted during the install process and isn't that visible online. This affects things like if the MSExchHideFromAddressLists attribute is set, it will no longer be sync'd after switching to the newer app. Interestingly this only affects users, not mail enabled groups.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. correct documnetation on setting DNS records

On https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/admin/get-help-with-domains/create-dns-records-at-any-dns-hosting-provider?view=o365-worldwide one can read the following which is incorrect (at least in my case:
    The MX record you'll add includes a value (the Points to address value) that looks something like this: <MX token>.mail.protection.outlook.com, where <MX token> is a value like MSxxxxxxx.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have all Office 365 apps use one format and source for directory listings

I opened a ticket, #30126-6878533, because we have information in our AD that does not show up in OWA contact card. Found that each app, Exchange, SharePoint, etc, populate and display different fields. Would be better that all use the same format and show more contact details such as fax number and physical address across each directory.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Rooms and Equipment calendar

On Mondays, I go into the rooms calendar to see if there are any meetings scheduled for the week. I look for to things primarily, if there are people outside of the office coming to the meeting and who in the office is attending the meeting. Since meetings are constantly changing and being moved, I would have basically keep those calendars up at all times to see what is going on. Too many times, I have been waiting for people to show up, only to find that the meeting was canceled or moved.
    Also, there are times the rooms just…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PST Recovery Tool to Recover Outlook PST file Data & Repair PST file

Recover Outlook PST file by using this amazing Tool Regain Outlook PST Recovery. This tool can easily Restore Permanently Deleted or Lost Outlook Emails. If you use this tool then you will also like this tool. This tool has many features which helps you lots. Through this amazing tool you can save your Recovered PST file data into New PST, MBOX, EML, MSG, EMLX, vCal and vCard format. You can also try this Software free trial version.

You can download this Software free demo version from here: http://www.outlookpstrecovery.emltopstutility.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Consolidate and simplify options for creating mailbox rules.

I've seen numerous control panel / admin options for setting up mailbox rules, but Office 365 Admin has unfortunately been the most confusing and convoluted way of managing it I've seen.

As an admin I would like to see all active rules associated to with the users in my domain.

Currently, I have to dig around the settings in each mailbox and there are several options of where those rules can be applied. Not all of them the correct way of doing it.

Surely this can be simplified.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Leave a copy of messages while applying mail flow routing rule

Can you add option for leave a copy of messages while applying mail flow routing rule?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Single activation key for schools

Activation by user is not acceptable for organizations that have multiple users on a single computer. There should be a way deploy Office 365 and activate it with a single license key. You give Office 365 to schools for student use for free, which is great, but now I have to spend hours activating office on all of my machines. The config.xml could be used to activate Office 2013, there should be a single user key that I can assign all of my licenses to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Decrease the number of recipients

This is very annoying issue that i cannot decrease the user recipient limit.i understand when you avail E3 plan you can have 500 limit recipient but can't decrease? why and the alternative solution not helping me at all.

1) To create a Transport rule with condition to send emails to only these recipients.

2) To do Gal segmentation- In this, users can see only the recipient which is available in the new created GAL. Others recipient will not be visible. If the user wants to send email to any other recipient outside the GAl, he has to manually type the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)