Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Powershell command to add AD groups as site collection administrators (OneDrive)

It would be nice to have a PowerShell command that would assign an Active Directory group to OneDrive for Business site collection administrators groups. Right now the only way to accomplish this is through the UI. You can assign a single user though PowerShell but not an AD group.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow site level anonymous link expiration settings

Allow site level anonymous link expiration settings. We have some site that host content which we never want to expire, however for OneDrive and most other sites we would like to set an expiration. Moving this setting to the site level would allow us to open up anonymous sharing for our OneDrive users while still having automatic expiration.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Better reporting on shares and permissions on document libraries.

I would like to see better reporting tools so I can for instance create a report that shows who has what access to what documents/folders etc. within a library or site. This is currently only available via a 3rd party application.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot change tenant name \ O365 Tenant name workaround for sharepoint and onedrive use

Perhaps, It would be my much better if Microsoft will allow us to create a new Sharepoint Site under our tenant using our verified domain names as a root address or site.

I can understand that the initial tenant name is very hard to overwrite with a new tenant name as you wish but at least give us some other way to deal with this issue rather than using a tenant name that it doesn't make sense especially if there's a changes on our organization.

e.q.

Tenant Name: tenant123.onmicrosoft.com
    Current Site: https://tenant123.sharepoint.com/SitePages/Home.aspx

But we have a verified domain
    abc.com
    def.com

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding Column requiring mandatory entry should not cause OneDrive Desktop Folder to be Read-only

Adding Column requiring mandatory entry to Library should not cause files in OneDrive Desktop Folder to be Read-only.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want to change the ProxyAddress

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ProxyAddress を変更したい。
    I want to change the ProxyAddress

■Description(内容):
    Exchange Online の [連絡先] に外部ユーザーのメール アドレスが登録されている場合、"勤務先の電子メール アドレス" が空欄となり、SharePoint からの通知が届かなくなり、別途 "勤務先の電子メール アドレス" の登録が必要となる。
    また、 連絡先に登録をする際に、重複のエラーとなる場合がある。
    ゲストユーザーの ProxyAddress を変更する手段として、一度ゲストユーザーを削除して、ProxyAddress を重複しないように作成するコマンドを実行することで対応しているが、その場合は
    ProxyAddress を登録することができれば SharePoint からの通知が届かなくなる。
    ProxyAddress を変更することで問題は解消できると考えている。
    ProxyAddress を変更する機能の実装を希望します。

In cases where the mail addresses of external users are registered in the “Contacts” on Exchange Online, “Work email address” becomes blank, notifications from SharePoint are not delivered, and one needs to register the “Work email address” item separately.
    Also, when registering the contact details, there are cases where a number of overlapping errors occur.
    In order to change the ProxyAddress…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Search Existing Group Files for Attachments in SharePoint/Microsoft Lists

Please enable the ability to search files within the Group as well as upload from ones computer when adding attachments to SharePoint/Microsoft Lists. Currently users are left with the option to either upload a file to the Attachments field from File Explorer or copy and paste a link from a Document in the SharePoint library in a separate Link field.
    This feature has been added to Microsoft Planner, as an example, and works very nicely in Planner Online and within Teams.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Service request for Office 365

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Office 365 のサービス追加の要望

Service request for Office 365

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 のサーバーにホームページのベースを置けるように、サービスの追加希望

I would like to have a base of my home page on Office 365 server.
    Thank you for your consideration.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow .swf (Shock Wave Flash) files to be played on click in sharepoint without downloading a separate instance

A PPT is converted into a .swf file with audio capabilities and stored in sharepoint - once a user or a trainee clicks on this file or a link - the file should just play rather than creating an instance for the user to download the file then open it from his local drive.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. SharePoint audit log is incomplete: Search-UnifiedAuditLog

When auditing the feature 'Secure Links' (Operation = AddedToSecureLink) with the PowerShell cmdlet "Search-UnifiedAuditLog", the audit data returned is incomplete if the link is sent to multiple external users at the same time.
    In those cases the data only contains the first external user to whom it was sent.
    It concerns the field "AuditData", with JSON property "TargetUserOrGroupName".

Due to that, it is not possible to properly audit access given.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Main Collecion SharePoint site to behave like a team site

Goal is to have the main Site Collection SharePoint behave like a Team Site. We want the main Site Collection to have shared email and calendar so that all users within the organization are automatically added when they join the organization.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Be able to drag and drop files between Library's on SharePoint online.

If you use meta data, and not folders in document libraries it is virtually impossible to move files from one library to another because you can’t drag and drop files from a grouped view. If you go to Windows Explorer View you can’t find files because they are arranged with meta data in Libraries. The ONLY way to do this is to individually download locally and then upload to different Library. Ridiculous and very time consuming.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Site mail box created with incorrect domain

When creating a site mailbox, the site mailbox e-mail address uses the domain that is the first listed of registered domains on the tenant. The list is in alphabetical order, and therefore you have no control over which e-mail domain will be selected. You can correct it by renaming after creation, but a mail has already been sent out with incorrect e-mail address

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix columns / rows of a site collection while scrolling

It would be very helpful if it would be possible to fix the header or a column of a SiteCollection so that they continue to be displayed when scrolling horizontally or vertically in order to keep the overview.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable Split View in SharePoint Admin Center to distiguish PWA-Site from Site Collections at a glance

It’s much more comfortable to identify all Site Collections with PWA Feature using such a split view than checking all existing Site Collections using “Project Web App”. This view existed in a previous Online Version (see Brian Smith Blog http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2012/12/11/project-online-how-do-i-re-use-an-unwanted-pwa-instance.aspx) and was totally removed from SharePoint Admin Center :-(

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Audit Shared Folders and Links in Sharepoint

It would be nice to have a report that would let me know exactly what files and folders are shared with users, and what links for specific files and folders are being actively shared. If I need to audit the shared information I do not want to have to search through every share point directory to find my results.

I would only care about the shared root folder. Not the inherited folders/files that come with it.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. As O365/SharePoint admin, I would like to be able to see ALL site collections in the tenant, also if they are related to another service

As O365/SharePoint admin, I would like to able to see ALL site collections in the tenant in one single overview with an option to filter by service where they belong to (Groups, Teams, ...).
    They are all SharePoint sites right ?

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sync a file from office365 site to our site

Sharepoint files from external user which shared to our Office 365 tenant. In this way of sharing we are able to open documents and folder accessing the Sharepoint site. We want implement the visibility of syncing external sharepoint files and documents sync to our Office 365 sites, and visible on adding external sharepoint link on our Ms Teams to be able to see the files, and even in Delve.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. External sharing for whole sharepoint site

Let external users access entire SharePoint site with link without having to authenticate

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. SharePoint audit copy between sites

I notice that there is not activity alert about copying files between drives/sites Do you have any planning to add this activity type into the activity logs?

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base