Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Report showing SharePoint user activity per site collection

It’s currently possible to get tenant-wide reports from SharePoint for user activity, and for site collection activity, but I need a combination of the two: user activity broken down per site collection.

Here’s the use case: here at UC Berkeley, most of our SPO users are members of more than one Site Collection. We’ve got a large number of Site Collections we suspect are not being used, or are only being used by a very small number of people.

However, we can’t confirm that unless we can get a breakdown of which users are using which site collections.

In other…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back the old support portal/interface

The old support portal was easier to submit tickets. Also, I was able to update the tickets easily and even add supporting attachments to existing tickets. It appears that these options have been removed from the updated support interface. This makes the support system less effective as the end users now have difficulty adding supporting information to open tickets. I'm not even seeing the option to add attachments when opening a new ticket.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide feature for Copying user's OneDrive for Business data to another OneDrive for Business account

My idea is that there should be a feature in Admin console so that Admin can easily copy OneDrive for Business data from one account to another.
    It can cater the following scenario:

1. If somebody left the organization and Admin has to delete/reduce the Office 365 license then data backup will be easily done within few clicks. It saves time of downloading the data into local machine and then again upload it back to the cloud.

2. If a user has shared data through OneDrive for Business with external vendors and worried about data deletion. In that case Admin can take…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hidden the root site from client Office application.

If a user signs in with an Office 365 account in a client Office application, it will display [site - tenant name] on [save as] or [open] page.
    In order to prevent the user from accessing the root site from the client, I want to set [site - tenant name] not to be displayed.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hybrid eDiscovery for SharePoint

If Microsoft can extend the hybrid search concept to include eDiscovery, all the policies and goverance can be managed more effectiviely and reduces the on-going governance challenges. Currently the eDiscovery is limited to the SharePoint environment and there is no option to aggregate discovery between a Sp2013, Sp2016 and SP Online.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. API enhancement for External User Management

I understand there is currently no API or Powershell way to register external users before using the Add-SPOUser cmdlet to add them to a group. This means that I have a very manual step in a business process. We are looking to use SharePoint Online to securely share content with external business partners. So I have a business process that needs to validate who has access to what content. We are using DocAve Governance Automation as well as K2 business process workflow tooling, both of which utilize the SharePoint Online APIs, but there is no way for them or with…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Requests for Microsoft Search

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Search についての要望

Requests for Microsoft Search

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Search の無効化機能がないようなので実装を要望します。
    また、特定のユーザー、グループを指定した検索の可否、検索結果の表示の可否を制御する機能についても実装してほしい。
    検索内容ごとの検索可否を制御する機能についても実装してほしい。

I would like to have option to disable Microsoft Search since it is not available currently.
    Also, it will be great if I could have feature to achieve followings in Microsoft Search.
    -Feature to search by specifying specific users and groups.
    -Feature to control showing/hiding the search results.
    -Feature to control allowing to search for each content.

Thank you for your consideration.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it possible to prevent end users from changing themes and colour i Office 365

Make it possible to prevent end users from changing themes and colour i Office 365. As for now users can change colour and themes, and taht effects SharePoint Online. Please build in a soloutin where admins can turn this feature off

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Modern Site Collection needs to be listed in Admin Portal

What the heck. is this a disconnect between teams? Seems the Modern sites or site collections are not listed in the SharePoint Admin Portal Site Collection list. I know we can use PS for Get-SPOsite but come on Microsoft. Not every IT Pro are Powershell gurus-please not lecture on you should be. I thought the objective is to make things easier for customers - especially for non developers and IT Pros

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Last viewed date option in deletion policy

■Title(件名):
    ポリシーの基準について

Add Last viewed date in deletion policy

Microsoft 365 管理センターのセキュリティより削除に関するポリシーを作成し運用中
    削除の基準として現時点の動作では、作成日もしくは最終更新日のみになっています。
    ファイルを編集ではなく最終閲覧日の項目を設けていただくことにより、編集しないファイル (例としてPDFなど)、もしっかり選別でき機能としてより良いものになると存じているため機能の拡張を要望いたします。

We only have 2 options for deletion policy in Microsoft 365 admin center security, which are Last updated date and Created date. Add Last viewed date in deletion policy so that we can identify the file that is not to be edited, such as PDF file, from any other files.

Thank you for your consideration.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Admin to pin Custom Apps/tiles to top nav bar/topsuitebar for all tenants.

Allow Admin to pin Custom Apps/tiles to top nav bar/topsuitebar for all tenants. This helps in creating custom links for multilingual pages(in my case) and top pages that all users visit mostly like approving documents page.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow users to publish more than one document in sharepoint

The feature to publish more than one document would be very time saving. In Addition it would be great to position the option to publish more accessible.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to disable Feedback buttion

There should be option to disable Feedback to tenant, site collection or site level.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need the ability to change the SharePoint Online / OneDrive session timeout as low as 30 minutes. Default 5 day timeout is a security risk.

The business would like to have the session timeout for SharePoint Online/OneDrive for Business configurable. The 5 day session timeout is too long and proposes a security risk. Thanks

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Quarantined files cannot be deleted without pressing the [Remove from quarantine] button if the files are selected individually, so please c

■Title(件名):
    検疫されたファイルを、単独で選択した時に、[検疫から削除] ボタンが押せず削除ができないため、修正を希望します。
    Quarantined files cannot be deleted without pressing the [Remove from quarantine] button if the files are selected individually, so please correct it

■Description(内容):
    現在、[Office 365 セキュリティ/コンプライアンス] - [脅威の管理] - [確認] - [検疫] 内の "ファイル" の検疫画面では、単独でファイルを選択した場合に、[検疫から削除] ボタンがグレイアウトして押せません。
    しかし、複数ファイルを選択した場合は、[ファイルの削除] ボタンによる削除が可能です。
    単独でファイルを削除できないのは、ユーザーにとって大きな問題です。
    至急、修正されることを強く希望します。
    Currently, on the "File" quarantine screen in [Office 365 Security / Compliance]-[Threat Management]-[Confirmation]-[Quarantine], the [Remove from Quarantine] button is grayed out when a file is selected individually and cannot be pressed.
    However, if multiple files are selected, those files can be deleted by using the [Delete file] button.
    Been unable to delete single files…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Powershell command to add AD groups as site collection administrators (OneDrive)

It would be nice to have a PowerShell command that would assign an Active Directory group to OneDrive for Business site collection administrators groups. Right now the only way to accomplish this is through the UI. You can assign a single user though PowerShell but not an AD group.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow site level anonymous link expiration settings

Allow site level anonymous link expiration settings. We have some site that host content which we never want to expire, however for OneDrive and most other sites we would like to set an expiration. Moving this setting to the site level would allow us to open up anonymous sharing for our OneDrive users while still having automatic expiration.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better reporting on shares and permissions on document libraries.

I would like to see better reporting tools so I can for instance create a report that shows who has what access to what documents/folders etc. within a library or site. This is currently only available via a 3rd party application.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Cannot change tenant name \ O365 Tenant name workaround for sharepoint and onedrive use

Perhaps, It would be my much better if Microsoft will allow us to create a new Sharepoint Site under our tenant using our verified domain names as a root address or site.

I can understand that the initial tenant name is very hard to overwrite with a new tenant name as you wish but at least give us some other way to deal with this issue rather than using a tenant name that it doesn't make sense especially if there's a changes on our organization.

e.q.

Tenant Name: tenant123.onmicrosoft.com
    Current Site: https://tenant123.sharepoint.com/SitePages/Home.aspx

But we have a verified domain
    abc.com
    def.com

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adding Column requiring mandatory entry should not cause OneDrive Desktop Folder to be Read-only

Adding Column requiring mandatory entry to Library should not cause files in OneDrive Desktop Folder to be Read-only.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base