Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Allow Contact Groups in Skype for Business to be sorted alphabetically & to toggle between manual and default sort (alphabetically).

I have created many contact groups in Skype for Business and I want to be able to resort them all alphabetically to save time searching through my whole list to find a group. I know I can currently move the groups manually into the order I want them, but with 40 + groups, that will take a long time, time I don't have to spend while working in a call center environment.

There is a regkey value for Communicator (HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Communicator\<SIP URI>\GroupStateCacheU\SortGroups REG_BINARY) which can be deleted to set sort order back to default. I attempted to delete this value for Skype for Business (installed with my Office 365 package my company has licensed) and the sort order was unaffected, even after a reboot.

It would be ideal to be able to do something like this in regedit, or be able to toggle a button in the menus or edit some choice in Skype for Business settings to reset sort order back to default.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Meadow shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did you figure out how to sort groups in Skype for Business alphabetically? If so, let me know. I want to sort my group alphabetically with out having to move each one manually up or down one at a time.

• Richard Gardner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or for it simply to "remember last sort order", right? that way whether you like to, and have taken the time to sort them by your own priority (non-alpha) or click something to reset... having a drop down/toggle for "Sort" > with different preferences.

• Karl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. It is very annoying to have to manually sort groups. Please consider adding this option!

Feedback and Knowledge Base