Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Stop/dismiss notifications for Admins

Every time there is some sort of notification in Office 365 Admin (i.e. your subscription expires in 57 days, you cancelled a subscription, etc.), all of the admins get a VERY annoying notification and "ding" noise every time they navigate to a new page in the Portal/SharePoint/etc. It makes it nearly impossible to work. First of all, these notifications are next to useless and some can't even be dismissed (i.e. you cancelled a subscription - who cares??). Second, you should be able to dismiss them easily or just turn off the functionality altogether. This was a bad feature update by Microsoft and has nearly driven all the admins in our office crazy.

1,038 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeremy Bradshaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue is most invasive when doing a large migration from Exchange on-premises to Exchange Online when you have lots of migration batches. It's such a bad "feature".

It's really annoying.

• O.Eriksson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As said earlier: Please allow global admin to turn off notifications for other type of admins.

• Sam Garner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like the ability to disable the "archive quota warning" that is sent when a user has auto expanding archive enabled, or when we have it enabled for our tenant. Currently, users will receive "your archive is about to run out of space" messages when they pass within 10GB of their current archive storage limit, even though the archive will expand before it fills. This creates confusion for users and distrust of the process / configuration.

Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem. You would think that after 2.5 years this would've been fixed.

• Chuko Itoje commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also find this annoying and have been in touch with support team about this. They told me that the more people who vote for this problem the more likely Microsoft will do something about it so keep voting and aim for 2-3k votes.

I can't tell when a subscription has been canceled because every time I log on, it says a subscription has been canceled. Which one? When? A new one? What, again?!

• Mika Latokartano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so incredibly annoying. There has to be a way of dismissing these notifications. Every time I load a new page I get a notification of something or other and that ding sound. Microsoft has to address this issue.

• Dave Lynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try to hit the account settings so you can change your password while this is going on... It's impossible. FIX IT!

I can't believe that this was posted 3 years ago and there is sill not even a whiff of any sort of change... talk about one of the most annoying admin "features" out there...

• Steven Buschur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge distraction when trying to accomplish anything! Why in God's name would there not be an option to dismiss these notifications? This is the equivalent to an alarm clock with no means to turn it off!

• Richard Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE REMOVE THIS VERY ANOYING NOTIFICATIONS, THE ADMIN CHANGES THESE SUBSCRIPTIONS SO WE DO NOT NEED TO BE TOLD EVERY 2 MIN.
        VERY STUPID IDEA!!!!

• Lisa Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG, this is the most annoying thing ever. I literally CANNOT work in SPO. I get this horrible notification -- with SOUND -- on practically every page refresh. Make it go away PLEASE.

• Karla Keeney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a ridiculous problem. We need to be able to acknowledge any notification, and not have it nag again.
        I can't believe this has been open for almost 3 years and still has not been addressed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base