Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Add group targeting to the custom tiles for O365

I would like to see the custom tiles for O365 with group targetting. I work at a school currently and they would love to add tiles for students and some other tiles for employees.

169 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Daniel Laskewitz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Phillip Lyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do this by creating an "Enterprise App" in the Azure portal and targeting it to specific groups.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Asked in 2015 and no updates from Microsoft? Not cool... This would be huge if we can control visibility based on group membership since we currently do this for all our licensed products.

• Robert Morrissette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. In our case, we have instances where it is not appropriate to have certain apps available to a specific group. In some instances it can be a security issue to have certain apps available to a specific group who do not have clearance.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this since I have customers located globally and they want to use custom tiles depending on user location.

• Callistus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are services that are not necessarily appropriate for the whole enterprise. It would be great to be able to target certain services according to the group they are in. e.g. Not everyone needs Video and for consumption it can be embedded in a web page elsewhere.

Feedback and Knowledge Base