Implement centralized mailboxes
The majority of our organizations want to use a centralised mailbox for a certain type of correspondence so that all emails to AND from a generic email address (accounts@, info@, support@, etc) are stored in one location regardless of the staff under employment.
As far as I'm aware, there are two options for this kind of usage:
1. Shared mailboxes deployed remotely via Full Access and Send As permissions.
• Shared mailboxes do not require a license.
• Access to a shared mailbox via Outlook or Outlook Web Access can be easily and remotely granted or revoked via Full Access' AutoMap.
• No credentials to manage or issue.
• In Outlook, the "From" field is not automatically enabled and the shared mailbox's primary email address is not automatically configured or dynamically-selected.
• In Outlook, emails sent from the shared mailbox via Send As permissions are not automatically moved to "<sharedMailbox>:\Sent Items" and are instead left in "<delegate'sMailbox>:\Sent Items". This can be circumvented by adding a "DelegateSentItemsStyle" DWORD value of 1 to "HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Preferences" but this detracts from the whole remote deployment pros and only applied to Outlook.
2. Licensed mailboxes deployed manually via adding the mailbox to Outlook clients as a new email account.
a. Pros: Exactly the opposite of the above cons
b. Cons: Exactly the opposite of the above pros
Both solutions are a bit of a nightmare for both us and the client. There needs to be a happy medium