Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Implement email address policy

On-premises Exchange had Email Address Policies which allowed administrators to define the email addresses (SMTP:alias@domain1.com,smtp:firstname@domain2.com) that would automatically be added to mailboxes.

Office 365 desperately needs this functionality so we don't have to resort to over complicated PowerShell scripts.

432 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ben Hooper shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mihir Nayak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality must have to added into tenant admin features in O365 to smooth management functionality for administrators.

• James Doutsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This impacts Exchange Online stand alone.

This is core Exchange functionality and is a requirement to administer mailboxes and mail enabled resources.

This has my vote.

• Glyn Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant believe its not already part of 365, its a much needed tool, Come on MS, add it in quickly. We're going to 365, but without this, I may reverse and offboard everyone if its not added quickly. 365 is great but with tools missing, its tripping itself over.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I user Office 365 with DirSync and multiple domains, based on branch offices. Exchange ONLINE fucks up all my email addresses and its extremely complicated to enfore policies by hand. I absolutely cannot understand why they removed it from Exchange Online.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base