Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Allow Admins to Disable Clutter Notifications

Many of our users receive automatic system notifications suggesting that they enable the new Clutter feature. While this feature is valuable, we need to control the flow of information regarding features and usage of Office 365. We make announcements for things like this in accordance with our own training schedules so that we can provide the right guidance for our users. Please allow us to prevent these automated notifications for Clutter and for any features that may use these types of notifications in the future. Thanks!

111 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Matt M. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nick Kershner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My $.02
    Currently, emails are blasted to users, users with admin privileges, billing administrators, and eventually all users and their secondary emails. These are usually billing emails, but sometimes other emails are blasted out.

I am an MSP, I manage a lot of 365 accounts. Many of them full service, as in no one from the client organization is even aware of a 365 Admin section. Trial expiration notices get emailed to them non-stop for weeks, even if they've added licenses. They panic and it causes us to explain that "Microsoft just does this and we can't stop it" repeatedly, per client.

First, a notification panel for Partner Admin would be unbelievably incredible. Just giving us the options to disable it for client emails and only email our NOCs.

Second, a Notification Admin Panel per client, so if they do want notifications but not to the entire org, that would be amazing.

• Mike Rouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The implementation of Clutter has been a disaster from start to finish. It makes me so angry.

• Brad Atkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also affected by this. WE PREFER NOT TO RECEIVE THESE NOTICES, PLEASE CEASE AND DESIST. It's causing me significant trouble as the email administrator.

• James Valentine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of our employees keep receiving the Let`s clean up email. Even if we have Clutter turned off, all users STILL receive this email.

• Kurt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like an example of another Microsoft Enterprise class service that touches corporate users broadly across an organization and directly sends communications/notifications in the same way that Clutter does. Clutter implicitly sends email notifications to end users in an opt-out model. Even subscription services like MSDN are opt-in notifications.

Such notifications not only disrupt the end user work day by causing confusion but cause hundreds, even thousands of help desk calls in Global companies. Will Microsoft pay for the costs of these help desk calls?

These notifications are sent out without any notice to IT - so there's no opportunity . This means the help desk isn't informed and is untrained on what is being communicated to end users and the end users have not been educated about the service.

This practice needs to either be halted or the appropriate controls need to be put in place for IT to control any and all notifications.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clutter notifications need to be preventable. This feature obviously does not work as the name would suggest. Being a recipient of notifications, I could see that it was only detecting incoming messages. Having already cleaned up, on a daily basis, this was most annoying, because the only clutter were these messages. I’d just as soon have fewer messages that need to be deleted by the users. Disabling these notifications should not be too much to ask.

Feedback and Knowledge Base