Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

allow the ability to merge 365 accounts seamlessly

Allow two 365 accounts to be merged without having to rebuild email accounts, move files etc... just move the domain from one 365 account to another after proper verification -- or even by just calling Microsoft support

2,040 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

171 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Coco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am currently paying for two 365 accounts and would like to be able to merge them to keep all my files in order under one umbrella. Please please Allow the ability to merge 365 accounts seamlessly.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I desperately need to merge two microsoft office accounts- they were purchased at different times on different email accts.but used for the same purpose.

However I can't keep straight what data is stored in one vs the other. Please help by allowing sychronization of accts-- most of the time i don't know where new data is going or where to retrieve it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

today most of us operate multiple 365 accounts to get our work done. The need to sync data and calendars across accounts is critical.
    Thanks.

• Jacquelynn Ramkey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am currently working out of 2 seperate 365 accounts - different email address' - can there please be a fix to be able to merge them like you can with Outlook? This would make life so much easier, since at this moment I am having to have Safari and Chrome open at the same time to access both email accounts at once. It's very inconvenient and makes daily task and organization more difficult. In 2019, aren't we supposed to be working smarter, not harder?

I have never purchased one item on the first account, I several computers which originally used the first account. I tried to delete the first account on gdpiatt@outlook.com, answer was ok its deleted, but if you log in one time in the next 2 months it well automatic be reopened. So one of the computers of course log in. That's nuts, I have 365 on the other account and half the time when I want to make changes I'm in the wrong account. That's nuts. Garry Piatt

If this isn't added i'll be looking for another solution for myself and all of my customers. Ridiculous that in 2019 you can't do something as simple as merge two accounts.

• Wayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Godaddy opened a new office account which I already have. I can not afford 2 accounts.

Somehow we have ended up with two Office 365 small business accounts, I don't want to lose all my files on one cloud, how can i merge so just paying for one subscription not two, please?

• Norm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have two different 365 accounts that I'd like to merge. Perhaps some sort of guidance or instructional video from Microsoft would be helpful for all of these loyal (and probably kind) 365 enthusiasts.

• Jed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We ended up with two Office 365 accounts somehow...I have a Personal subscription and my wife has a Home subscription. I would like to cancel my personal subscription and move to my wife's Home subscription but don't want to lose all my data.

• Leanne W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not sure I need to merge accounts. Our daughter bought a new laptop last year, and it came with office 365, we are now being asked to renew the subscription, yet I have capacity for 4 more users on my existing 365. If we were to share my account with them, will that create an issue with separation of email's etc? We are just seeking advice as we both are being billed for a service that we could potentially be multiple users of the same account.

• Adrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 2 profiles, one personal, other from my university, and i would like to have option to merge profiles so i can easily do homeworks and tasks i have to.

I have a school account and a personal account, it would be great if I can access elements from one account to the other so I don't need to have two different "personalities" when using office

• Charles Richardson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have two Microsoft live accounts. Both made several years ago. One was my email at a university I worked at. One is a true outlook.com email. I have left the university but before I did I added office 365 home subscription. I would like to be able to sign into my current subscription with my .outlook.com email. I can't put it on the first account because your message says the email exists, yeah, it does. When i was playing with this I did not realize that once an account was made you couldn't delete it or move it. What do I do?

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be keen to see this too, it would be really useful. I have 2 tenants currently and would like to merge them into 1 without there being a potential disruption in service.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a client who has three businesses. Two of them are under one tenant and he now wants to merge the third tenant in with the other too. That would be a great feature

Hi We look after a number of non-profit organization that setup office365 prior to obtain a office 365 non profit account - it would be really good to be able to merge these accounts and would save them costs and time.;

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base