Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Enable management and reporting of Office ProPlus using Admin portal and/or PowerShell. What version? How many installs? etc

I would like to report installs by user. Similar to Telemetry dashboard with how many installs a user is using vs remaining installs. Machine name (because I have seen duplicates using 2 licenses on 1 machine). Usage. Is the user a heavy Excel user, PowerPoint, Word, etc.

1,065 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

50 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. It would be a lot easier than going to each user or running the report.

This seems like a no-brainer. The data is already there. Just make it available for reports.

• stcxiong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please Microsoft! This is such a small feature... should already have this available!

• Maury Blair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would like to see this feature added as well. I work for an MSP and it would be nice to compare Office 365 activation reports against client installs reported in our RMM utility.

• Julian Davidson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*3* years and nearly 900 votes now. No comment from the uservoice team. This is pathetic. This service costs a small fortune per user and there is no tool for managing licenses.

• John O'Halloran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that a standard feature in the Admin GUI is left out of the PowerShell functionality seem like an odd omission. This seem a fairly major management feature that has been overlooked.

• Bradley Stein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With a large organization, the ability to detect unused activations and repurpose them will be critical to license management. This means the ability to search for and manage activations, most likely using PowerShell. If the admin panel REALLY gets to the point of supporting this, I will be very impressed.

• Charles Parish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very frustrating to instruct a user who never uses the Web Portal how to fix a "Too Many Activations" message when they get handed a new PC.
        And to ask them to give you the password so you can "Fix" it is a violation of our security policy, which is required by our government contract

Please enable this functionality. This is a paid for service that we'd like some reporting capabilities on.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to use PowerShell to report on and potentially alert administrators when a user is approaching or has reached their limit of Office activations would be extremely useful. It would enable administrators to take a proactive role in license / activation management. In large environments, using the GUI is terribly inefficient.

• Naeem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Manipulating this data through powershell will be extremely useful.

• Raja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to get a report for all activated PCs using PowerShell for all users

hello i would like to have a report where in i can view all the office installs of the users

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base