How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Usage reports for SharePoint

Provide centralized usage reports for entire SharePoint Online tenant such as page views, user sessions, usage per site collection, etc. Individual site collection reports are ok but are not centralized.

159 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RichRich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  O365 Feedback TeamO365 Feedback Team responded  · 

We are working on many of these report areas right now. We have a tenant-wide user activity report in development right now. The next report we will work on will be a tenant-wide site usage and activity report. After that, we will look at various other tenant-wide reports, including page-views, and storage metrics.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Christi HedegoreChristi Hedegore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include the tenant hierarchy level too, per managed path. This should include site collection Url (subsite urls below), as well as the Site title, site admin, storage consumed, last modified and created details.

• Cindy CastoCindy Casto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The O365 team indicates they were working on it in August 2015 and there is no further update. I'm finding it very difficult to provide management reporting on usage (hence value) of our SP Online environment without meaningful reporting. My only options seem to be 1) Pay extra for a 3rd party reporting solution or 2) Use Google Analytics (which only provides super high level data.

How is it that 3rd party partners are able to access our usage data but we, the customer, cannot?

• Paul EwertPaul Ewert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The stats provided in SharePoint Online have been giving me problems, as well. Only way I'm getting Hits and Users is in the Excel report. APIs to get these values are always returning zero (0) with no explanation of the time period those values would be for.

As from 2010, I need to be able to get the following through APIs: Hits, average daily users, number of files, number of lists, number of webs, number of files, and storage. I can manage to get these in SharePoint Server 2013, but not all of them with SharePoint Online. This data--and more--is collected from multiple farms and tenancies into one master list (thus the need for APIs) used to show business owners what they have and how it is being used.

Feedback and Knowledge Base