Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Email notifications of Message Centre messages

It is very frustrating to see messages that have been lying there for weeks - who has time or remembers to go into the admin panel every day? Email notifications to the tenant owner should be standard on this. We get notified by email for everything else, why not messages?

492 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Veronique Palmer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They also should provide archive reference for the message center notifications because of the message center notifications archived automatically.

• Tina Snyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there should be away to filter alerts so that some go right then instead of having a weekly summary be sent.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone tried using Flow to somehow automate these messages into another system. Something like when the messages hit the message center it kicks off a flow and maybe throw the message into Planner to where we could act on it.

• Kristoffer Strom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In case you missed it they announced at ignite this would happen. Although they were primarily talking about service interruption notifications.

• Vinayak Chakrabarti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have created a script for receiving Office 365 Health Incidents via Email by referring to some online resources like Cogmotive. I have scheduled the script to run every 1 hour and once it runs, it captures the health incidents and inserts them into HTML Tables and send them in email.

• Shane Stanley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to adding email functionality to the Office 365 Service Health alerts, it would also be valuable to have them published to OMS through the Office 365 Analytics portal so that customers could customize monitoring and alerting off these alerts.

• Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having just missed the news that you cannot create site mailboxes anymore, this isn't just a wish, it's a top-level requirement. My client doesn't have dedicated IT resources so can't be expected to go into the admin area frequently and I don't work for them full-time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Y'ALL FOR REAL? Can't take 10 minutes to setup something to send these via email? It's been 3 years!!!!

• Samuel Leslie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could we get any input from the Office 365 team on this? I would have thought it to be a simple feature to implement that would make a lot of admins happy by helping to reduce management overhead.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Message Centre - Email Notification is Missing

We are one of the Microsoft Gold Partners and we interact with so many customers across globe. There are lot of features that we get to know - when customer asked.

As Mr.Palmer Mentioned - It is very frustrating to see the messages lying there for weeks.

1. No Email Notification
        2. No Search option in Message Centre

• Cris Deeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree, and have found a way to possibly help. I do not know why this link is not published, but it gets the job done. Can anyone comment on keeping this functionality or creating an easy to find link in the Message Center page? (just add an h) "ttps://portal.office.com/AdminPortal/Home#/MessageCenter?showPref=1"

• David Weston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems incredible that resources were applied to Mobile apps that do this but something as simple as a way for sending them to email is left undone.

• Samuel Leslie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongly in favour of this. It's ridiculous that there's no notification system, as simple as email alerts, instead requiring administrators to manually check the Message Center periodically to ensure they don't miss anything important. This shouldn't be a difficult feature request to implement either.

• Carl Hitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to receive notifications that are posted in the Admin hub. It would also be nice to receive notification when a service is experiencing technical issues that affect a component of the organizations business continuity.

• Kazzan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or maybe at least make them "readable". So we can uncheck when we see notification or make needed action. In Mobile Admin app it is possible. So why not in full web portal?

Feedback and Knowledge Base