Tenant-wide time zone setting for SharePoint (at least)
It doesn't make any sense to me to have to set the time zone per Site Collection. For an organization that sits in one time zone, having to change every Site Collection from PST to the local time zone is tedious. If there were a single overarching setting that Site Collections could inherit from, it would make things a lot easier.
Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. You can see what’s happening with Office 365 on the Office 365 Roadmap.
Thaddeus Brown commented
To add on to this, having one place for a user to set their time/region would be great or have it set everywhere once the user sets it. As an admin, I have to send users to different places to make sure the time zone is set properly (Email, OneDrive ). Once a user sets their time zone they shouldn't have to do it in every service and they are using email in one time zone and onedrive in another.
Is this ever going to happen?
allow admins to set default time zone for all mailboxes tenant wide. There are user that don't have access to OWA to set their time zone. When time zone for mailbox is null, it defaults to UTC for voicemail. This is causing confusion among end users. changing time zone mailbox by mailbox is time consuming and tedious. every time new mailbox is provisioned, we have to remember to set appropriate time zone.
I would agree that the UTC needs to be set globally, then be able to override based on group or individual needs. 99% of our staff is in PST. The other 1% is in EST. We should be able to set the UTC for the bulk of our staff and admins (including mail trace) to PST and the for the few people who are in another time zone change their group or individual status. This should be for everything not just OWA or then separately SharePoint, Message Tracking etc.....
Ruth Jennaway commented
Timezones, Regional date formats, Language settings all should inherit from the Tenancy. And they should be updatable there, from the UI and an SPO-cmdlet, for those smaller clients who rushed through the set-up screens too quickly when they first signed up.
Dean Gross commented
O365 time information is somewhat of a mystery to me. I'm in the EST, set sites to EST, yet get error message from the PST, and reports seem to show UDT. The lack of ability to set a time zone for a tenant that applies to everything is annoying. It is just another example of MS failing to understand the needs of an enterprise.
Their should be the ability to set Default values for many attributes and then have the ability to override them when appropriate at lower levels (service/site/user etc)