Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Tenant-wide time zone setting for SharePoint (at least)

It doesn't make any sense to me to have to set the time zone per Site Collection. For an organization that sits in one time zone, having to change every Site Collection from PST to the local time zone is tedious. If there were a single overarching setting that Site Collections could inherit from, it would make things a lot easier.

1,526 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marc D Anderson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    thinking about it  ·  O365 Feedback Team responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. You can see what’s happening with Office 365 on the Office 365 Roadmap.

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Huw Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Setting individual timezones is quite laborious and is not obvious from the outlook client. Also you normally assume the timezone is taken from the client/regional settings and not something you should have to set individually. This creates quite a bit of confusion.

• SDADM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's got 1300+ votes. How many more before it gets added to the roadmap?

• Christian Maul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, that would be a wonderful addition, because our users don't set always the time zone in their OneDrives. The very nature of our business, ie. State Government in Australia, restricts us to one time zone. With 4000+ users in the tenant of our Department this setting would be helpful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have been "Thinking about it" for a couple of years. Any preliminary conclusions? This feature would be more efficient and less error prone than instructing 2500 users to adjust their settings.

• Shane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For education institutions students shouldn't need to enter this information. There is a great need to be able to default the regional settings for organizations involving only one city. We have seen many users randomly setting this as well as leaving their calendar weather settings to another city.

Microsoft - highly recommend you build this functionality for small-medium businesses. If a tracker on a basic website can auto-detect location and the other regional time settings, surely an enterprise product can do a better job of detecting default settings or at least allowing administrators to configure them. We have attempted to set this in powershell but found it doesn't take effect unless the user has logged in once.

This is ridiculous... why is there no global config? Please add it to the Teams admin console at least...

• Hans-Henrik Sørensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also it would be nice to able to set the default format for datetime columns. i would like to avoid the annoying "friendly" time format.

• David Limonka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im not sure, but thank you for your idea! i will look for it and i will solve if i can! -, David, Computer Expert at UK

• Dean Gross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you have been thinking about this for a long time. There have been a lot of new things release that never showed up here to get any votes. What is it going to take to get this acted on?

• Jed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not done yet? We have thousands of SPO sites and there's no reason why we should have to set time zone on each one.

For companies that forget to set the time zone, it can impact search results and thus the user experience. Search web parts pulling from multiple site collections where the setting has not been applied can cause results to be omitted. At least allowing it to default would improve quality for what is likely the majority of clients.

• John Weller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For some of us we would really like to simply set every O365 app to the same time zone to save all the messing about and misinformation

If you use the same regional settings across your sites you can choose to set all sub-sites to inherit those regional settings. For example i set my time-zone on our main page and checked the box at the bottom of regional settings to inherit for all sub-sites and now they're all the correct time zone.

• Hamish Barry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this put in, ideally across all 365 products in the tenant.
        Its a looming task that we need to take care of, and its not straight forward to implement either, especially on all the one drives.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base