Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Tenant-wide time zone setting for SharePoint (at least)

It doesn't make any sense to me to have to set the time zone per Site Collection. For an organization that sits in one time zone, having to change every Site Collection from PST to the local time zone is tedious. If there were a single overarching setting that Site Collections could inherit from, it would make things a lot easier.

1,219 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marc D Anderson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    thinking about it  ·  O365 Feedback Team responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. You can see what’s happening with Office 365 on the Office 365 Roadmap.

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous... why is there no global config? Please add it to the Teams admin console at least...

• Hans-Henrik Sørensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also it would be nice to able to set the default format for datetime columns. i would like to avoid the annoying "friendly" time format.

• David Limonka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im not sure, but thank you for your idea! i will look for it and i will solve if i can! -, David, Computer Expert at UK

• Dean Gross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you have been thinking about this for a long time. There have been a lot of new things release that never showed up here to get any votes. What is it going to take to get this acted on?

• Jed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not done yet? We have thousands of SPO sites and there's no reason why we should have to set time zone on each one.

For companies that forget to set the time zone, it can impact search results and thus the user experience. Search web parts pulling from multiple site collections where the setting has not been applied can cause results to be omitted. At least allowing it to default would improve quality for what is likely the majority of clients.

• John Weller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For some of us we would really like to simply set every O365 app to the same time zone to save all the messing about and misinformation

If you use the same regional settings across your sites you can choose to set all sub-sites to inherit those regional settings. For example i set my time-zone on our main page and checked the box at the bottom of regional settings to inherit for all sub-sites and now they're all the correct time zone.

• Hamish Barry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this put in, ideally across all 365 products in the tenant.
        Its a looming task that we need to take care of, and its not straight forward to implement either, especially on all the one drives.

• Paul Ewert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two and a half years, and still "THINKING ABOUT IT." We have nearly 10,000 site collections in our tenancy and nearly every one of them is going to have the wrong time zone for our corporation, by default. Brilliant, and oh so much fun to correct. Stop thinking about it and fix this already!

• Rebecca Nevard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

assumed this was already a part of Office 365. Come on Microsoft not all your clients are based on the West coast of USA. A global product needs a Global solution that works for all

• Hiten Lad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you would of thought that this was a must.... this would make life so much better

What on earth is there to think about? Having a US timestamp on a work file when we are not in the US is causing users to overwrite their data. This is a serious failure, not a desired feature to maybe plan in.

• Simon Whitfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just had a support request in about this issue. Being in the UK, it is a pain that everytime you create a new SharePoint site that you have to remember to go back and change the regional settings. This is more a nuisance with Microsoft Teams, as you create the team in the Teams GUI, which then creates the underlying SharePoint site automatically for you, so you never really interact with SharePoint.

Even if we set user outlook timezones for outlook in o365 when you create an o365 group the SharePoint libraries do not pick up this user setting.

This is a fundamental requirement for any organisation with a wildly different timezone than where the tenant is hosted - eg New Zealand - we are a day ahead of the USA... please resolve.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base