Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Tenant-wide time zone setting for SharePoint (at least)

It doesn't make any sense to me to have to set the time zone per Site Collection. For an organization that sits in one time zone, having to change every Site Collection from PST to the local time zone is tedious. If there were a single overarching setting that Site Collections could inherit from, it would make things a lot easier.

1,915 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Marc D Anderson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
thinking about it  ·  O365 Feedback Team responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. You can see what’s happening with Office 365 on the Office 365 Roadmap.

74 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Setting the TZ in Sharepoint will only make it apply to new sites. Sites that have been made in the past will not copy or set the new timezone automatically, which means you'd still have to set all of those by manually. Very inconvenient.

• Chris O'Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My 'fix' was to create an Azure Function that uses PowerShell to set the timezone + locale for every site collection in the tenant - and this runs on a schedule at 11pm every evening.    *sigh*

• Chris O'Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Daniel (February 10, 2019) - this feature is HALF available. You can set the default timezone - but that's just TIME.

The 'locale' is missing. I can't believe Microsoft didn't do BOTH fields - when doing the Timezone.
    Also - this is when creating a team site - and still have to set EVERY time.

There should be a GLOBAL tenant setting - for all sites & mailboxes - TIMEZONE + LOCALE.

Most countries use DMY format, not the old format of MDY (only in America)

• Tony Sutton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can MS make sure the Locale can also be set to a different default too please?
    New Admin centre allows setting of default time-zone to UK (for example), but this is of little use when locale still defaults to U.S. and has to be manually reset on every site collection.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add this feature. It would make admins life a lot easier. In Microsoft we trust!

Yes ! Please allow admin to set time zone - We in Australia use date format ddmmyyyy, and find the default US format uninformative. Making each user reset the format is not productive, Please fix !

• Vassilis Stathopoulos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow us to select our default TZ per tenant! I just tried the new SharePoint Admin center and my selection (UTC+2) is still disregarded on new site collection creation.
    Can you please add some Powershell / C# support for time zones?

• Piret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very much needed, especially now that we are creating more site collections and fewer subsites! Looking forward!

I can't believe this wasn't included from the very start rather than 'thinking about it' years later.
    The rollout of MS Teams only makes this worse as so many sites can be created in minutes.

We don't all live in Redmond, please can the default just be set to the default Tenant time?

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base