Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Custom Domains on Office 365 Home Premium

Bring back the ability to have custom domains on O365 Home Premium. I have a family domain and want to set it up as a domain on my O365 account.

370 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jason Fifer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joel Martinez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature as soon as possible ... it's almost entirely the reason that I got an O365 home account for my family, so that I could move away from google hosting my email account.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will be cancelling my office 365 and swapping to Google they support this. I thought Microsoft did oh well.

• RF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's possible to use Premium Outlook to partly accomplish using custom domains. Unfortunately, the limitation of 5 accounts is a real hindrance. For example, a typical household may well have: parent 1, parent 2, child 1, sibling 1, sibling 2. That excludes any option for a catch-all address, or even common aliases such as admin, webmaster, postmaster, etc. Mixing aliases associated with a single Microsoft account only gets you so far, since there's a limit of 11 aliases.

As pointed out by others, plenty of individuals own their personal domain. Allowing these to be used more extensively with Outlook.com / Office 365 Home or Premium, would provide the best of both worlds: Office as an excellent platform, with the individual customization or branding which many of us would appreciate.

• Roger Wentowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am stuck on my grandfathered Google account. I want to pay for 365 home premium, but not being able to bring over my family domain makes it seem pointless.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, just because someone have a family name domain, does not mean it is a business.

i am guessing then with office 365 personal I cannot use my own domains on outlook.....

it has taken me looking up the user instructions online, asking a tech friend how to, going thru the instructions only to find the screens i see are different to the ones i need to access, one online chat, one call back request, one talking to someone who then transferred me, being told I have been transferred to the US help desk and they cannot help me, being given the australian number and some woman on the end who can barely speak english let alone understand the problem causing me a near on nervous breakdown from all the ******* around to find this thread which essentially informs me that i probably don't have that access on the level of product i have...in spite of me directly asking that question. ******* incompetent beyond words micrososft

I also have a custom personal domain for my family email addresses. The only reason I was interested in the Office 365 home was the Exchange email capabilities. Now, I have discovered that I can't setup my custom domain for my personal account. This needs to be fixed.

This issue is the only thing that's preventing me from going "all in" with a Microsoft stack. My domain is my identity, and I'm not going to change it. I'd even be prepared for a (small) fee for this service, over and above the Office 365 subscription. The business one is overkill for me. Until this gets sorted, I'm stuck on my (grandfathered) custom domain on Google.

Lasst uns mit einem Office 365 Home Premium Account eigene Domains integrieren. Sodass ich Familienmitgliedern eine vernünftige Emailadresse zu Ihrem Outlook Account geben kann. Die Funktion früher war perfekt, es muss ja gar nicht mal kostenlos sein. Aber nur dafür auf Exchange online zu wechseln ist unpraktikabel, da dann wieder zwei verschiedene Account existieren und verwaltet werden müssen.

• Andrew Sharicz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is needed. Ridiculous it used to be offered for free via outlook.com, now you pay for office 365 for the home which is not even the office 365 platform, and no custom domain. The email is basically useless for me, but hey the consumer onedrive is great over the onedrive for business, and i sell office 365 for a living.

• Wayne Walton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed. I have my own personal domain for everything else except email. I'd love for my Office 365 Home Premium account to also let me handle an email with a personal domain.

Urgently needed for SMBs. If I have an email address as "xyz@berlin.de" I cannot send emails with this address. That makes Exchange Online nearly useless as long as I do not want to send emails with "xyz@xyz.onmircosoft.com". I don't know what "home premium" is, this should be possible for all exchange online users.

Feedback and Knowledge Base