Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Can't add external contacts on TEAMS CHAT CONTACTS GROUP if it's not added on Office 365 directory as a mail user or contact.

Can't add external contacts on TEAMS CHAT CONTACTS GROUP if it's not added on Office 365 directory as a mail user or contact. We can chat with external users BUT for this version of Teams, we are limited to add External users under Favorites and can't manage them through Contact Groups. Not all users are admin access to add contacts on Office 365 directory. When will this functionality be added?

39 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Robert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search contacts in Teams and Outlook should return the same results. I suspect Teams is not searching any associated GAL or ID Management system

• Rob Graebe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with this. I run a small tech support business and would use Skype for Business to communicate with my Office 365 business customers. Now, it's a mess unless I want to add the additional steps of adding them in Azure. Of course, they would have to do the same thing when it SHOULD be a simple 'right click' and add...you know..like in the program (SfB) we used to use before we were 'upgraded'.

Feedback and Knowledge Base