Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Allow turning off focused inbox from portal

Allow turning off focused inbox from portal

991 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

190 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this to the admin center. Too many users and more importantly, execs have complained about not receiving an email they needed. Disabling this one by one is not feasible.

• Jeff MacPhail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Focused inbox makes sense for consumer accounts, which competes more with Gmail. But for organizational accounts this is a terrible tool that disrupts work. This needs to be an admin setting. Our processes are getting messed up. Please act!

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get rid of this horrible feature. Countless emails ere missed because of this. Absurd that this can't be done from portal. What's the point of asking for our opinions when no action is taken after?

I am definitely would like to turn off or get rid of the so called Focused feature in Outlook. It has caused so many helpdesk calls that users were complaining about missing important emails. Everyone got frustrated because of this useless feature.

Yes please add this - it should have been in from the start as focused inbox benefits nobody

• rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it amazing that the default is 'NOT' a GUI interface. Windows 10 is moving to Cortina, and all GUI, yet admin is moving the opposite direction. Dr. Jeckel, Mr. Hide.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe that someone at Microsoft thought that having this feature on by default was acceptable. Emails are going to be missed, and people will be fired.

These new features should be off by default, not on !!! Very upsetting these days how Microsoft makes decisions as to how they think users want to work.

• Ralph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First off, there is not a single O365 setting available in Powershell that should not also be available through the web browser interface. Scripting is important where the process needs to be automated. It should not be the only interface available for examining and changing settings. Please have one of your developers spend a couple days to add a competent user interface.

As far as "Focused" in-boxes are concerned. It's a totally misguided feature. Without knowing, or being able to adjust, what rules determine whether a particular email is considered "focused," this feature is worse than worthless. It's causing people to miss important emails. And enabling it by default just makes the situation that much worse. I had to delay our O365 update just so I could waste time figuring out how to disable this terrible "feature."

• elite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, all these features need to be turned off. Junk mail, clutter, focused inbox, etc... We want all user email going into their inbox and they can decide how to process it from there.

• Mark Lilleyman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely - I have a PR firm who work with newsletters all day, and Focused Inbox is making them miss out on client e-mails.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base