Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Allow global admin to create custom O365 management roles

Instead of putting request on UserVoice forum every time we need to delegate permissions for some o365 feature like Report Viewer or enabling MFA for specific users, it will be great if global admins will be able to define custom admin roles that will define specific o365 service features and that will affect certain write scope based on user parameters like domain for example or even better based on group membership.

746 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ninoslav Kostovski shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Team, I have a query about setting up password administrator for my organisation but he should be able to reset passwords only for a particular group of users and not everyone in the tenant. I know that a password admin cannot reset password for other admins, but I want to go beyond this and restrict password resting only to a group of users. I have created a customized management scope in O365 where I have added a filter customatttribute1 = MSP-Password and assigned it to a user but he is still able to reset passwords of any users in the tenant

• Nuno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

User mgmt admin role should be more segregated.
    For example, we should be able to allow user mgmt admin and not allow them to assign licenses.
    And currently that impossible to achieve

• Matt Boardman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's already a list of admin roles as long as your arm with arbitrary names. Simplify the process and add extra features and transparency by just letting us define them all as custom roles.

• Luke Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would really benefit firms with IT Support presence globally, with the introduction of Geo-Tenants we need a Geo-Admin Role for Office 365!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please MS what is the timeline for this request... I have asked my TAM on this and will post any updates here

• Chaz Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge one especially for regulated organizations that need to be very careful on who has access to what. Exchange admin shouldn't be required for managing O365 Groups for example.

• Francois Lachance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Administrating O365 is like taking a step back in time. Microsoft spend all it's time on the user facing coding and left the administrative interface design to a summer student with no real admin. experience. Come on Microsoft, the cloud is the future, right? Put some effort into it for the people that will make your cloud solution a success.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base