Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Call queue sequential or round robin ring to agents

I need to be able to route incoming calls to a call queue in cloud pbx to the agents in the distribution list sequentially and/or to the longest idle agent in the queue. Ringing all agents at the same time does not work very well in our business environment.
Option 1. Simultaneously ring every agent in the distribution list. Already the only option!
Option 2. Ring the agents in the order they are listed in the distribution list. This would allow for a skills based ring scheme.
Option 3. Ring the agent that has been idle the longest. This has the effect of evenly distributing the calls.
I would like to see all three options available in the call queue admin.

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Neil Kurtz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another note: To have a call queue option where it just goes down a list alphabetically and NOT have the 'who has been idle longest' option makes no sense. The person with a last name starting with A would get all of the calls. I would think the 'idle longest' would be the first option you implement before the two options you already have. And our Support team has confirmed 'ring everyone at once' would just cause contention in the team. Disappointed to not see this on the roadmap.

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option 3, please. Call Queues don't meet our needs at all without it, we have to use a third party.

Feedback and Knowledge Base