How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Allow Tenant Admins to Control New Features being Enabled/Disabled by Default

Tenant administrators should have the ability to specify whether or not new features such as Teams, Sway, etc. are enabled by default within their tenants. Just like there's the ability to set a tenant to receive First Release, Admins should be able to specify how changes are introduced to their environment. It's great that there are Powershell commands to turn features on/off but it would be much easier to either set these new features to be off by default, or enable Admins to enable when organizations are ready to absorb those changes. Functionality like Teams is absolutely fantastic, but without the right change management planning it becomes confusing for users. For Tenant Admins that either ignore announcements of new features, or are unavailable to turn them off when they become available - this is an appropriate solution to enable organizations to effectively manage how they are consuming Office 365.

655 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jared MatfessJared Matfess shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this feature is a must, but I do believe that by default new features should be enabled when released. It should be a IT strategic option to set the switch to have the new features disabled at arrival.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For companies that require the use of OCM to rollout new features to employees this feature is a must! We spend too much time figuring out how hide tiles/features!

I'm 99% certain a MS representative at a conference I went to last year said this was coming - it's been about 9 months since that as said. Come on MS!

This level of control is necessary to ensure companies/businesses can achieve their KPIs. A constant influx of new applications will lead to loss of focus and chaotic working practices. An absolute must!

• Max CainesMax Caines commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Office 365 is seen as an unstable environment, which is starting to be the case, corporates in particular will be turned off it. At present it's impossible to manage the constant flow of changes.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got to have this, so disruptive having features released that we haven't yet evaluated or tested or understood the full implications of before they are already in the wild.

• Lucy PearsonLucy Pearson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By being able to control these features organisations would be able to have proper change management by developing guidance, governance and communications around new features, creating a much better user experience and improve adoption of O365 generally. A no brainer really.

• Ian SwiftIan Swift commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have yet to hear/read a single person who thinks having new features turned on by default is a good thing. We have change and release management procedures for a reason. We need to be in control of if and when anything is released to our users.
        Microsoft - please listen to what many, many people are telling you about this.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base