Improve access to the MFA app password maintence panel for Office 365 end users
Multi-factor authentication requires that desktop applications such as Skype use app passwords. These are generated by the user, then copied into the login password prompt when Skype is first started. Finding the menu option to do this, however, is EXTREMELY OBSCURE, and will baffle even some tech support staff unless they know exactly where to look. The reason is the option is found here:
- Sign in to Office 365 using your password and verification code.
- Choose Settings > Office 365.
- Choose Security & Privacy > Additional security verification.
- Choose Update my phone numbers used for account security.
UPDATE MY PHONE NUMBERS??? How can this be the right option? But, in fact it is. When the panel comes up, a panel option appears for App Passwords. Even then, it can easily be missed because the option is 'greyed out', appearing as if it is not available. But, if you click on it, the correct management tools will appear.
1. PLEASE move the APPS PASSWORDS option to be displayed in a window one level higher, so that it appears when "Additional security verification" is selected.
2. Please add the 'how to' section found in the following link:
... as one of the easily found 'how to' options when looking for help under "Skype for Business" setup for clients using MFA.