Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Skype for Business - Set Caller ID Functions in Admin Portal

There's documentation on how to set the Caller ID options via PowerShell, yet some of the documentation is out of date and not as thorough as it should be. The problem with it is that it's complicated and confusing for simple options that should be available in the Portal under Skype for Business Admin. Most customers wanting to set Caller ID options like Anonymous or a Service Number will not want to use PowerShell for these when it's confusing and complicated to even get a connection to run the proper cmdlets. In addition Mac users cannot use PowerShell to modify these settings unless they download a third party tool, further complicating the issue.

My suggestion is to add this functionality to the Skype for Business (Lync) Admin Portal area simply.

Add options for Multiple Caller ID Policy's, where they can be applied to Tenant, Group, or individuals.

The options I'd suggest under a new policy are setting an outbound number that is displayed (i.e. ServiceNumber), namely a main line for a customer's office. Another useful feature would be the option to show Anonymous or a customer's business name.

138 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nathan Tobin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Hal W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to change my outbound caller ID. I have also been working on this issue with the MS help team for 3 days (many hours on the phone). Finally they suggested that I contact PTN@Microsoft.com. I'll give PTN a try today and hopefully they can give me a solution. It would be nice to have this feature in an easy to access and use format. I'm sure many other users are looking for the same help.

• Matt Terrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm facing this exact issue today. Trying to find out how to add in an individual user caller id name or at least a company name. From what I read, it doesn't seem possible at this point to assign a name to the caller ID, just the number. I would love to see this change added into the skype for business admin portal.

• Rafael R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like the ability to specify Outbound Caller ID. Lacking this feature (and a few others) is preventing us from using Skype For Business to replace some of our client's current PBX platforms.

I am sure that Microsoft wants to have a larger PBX market share and hope they will soon give us the ability to request CNAM database changes in their PBX.

Cellular service providers allow clients to make these changes when logged into their web portals, so Microsoft could do the same in the admin portal.

Feedback and Knowledge Base