Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Service Health (dashboard) alerts to be send via email

Global Admin or any Distribution list be able to receive the service health dashboard summary or any major service outage alerts over the email.
There has to be an option to subscribe to the alerts (old school SharePoint Lists alerts mechanism) providing an email. This functionality should be only permissible to Global Admin and can add up to 5 email addresses.
This will reduce the over head of an Admin to keep going back to dashboard to be able to monitor health, Or if this needs to be assigned to a separate team (without exposing the Admin Center).

603 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sudhanshu Tripathi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is way too necessary, I have no idea why this hasn't been implemented yet.

• GSPH Admin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As many of our other vendor services have email or twitter feeds for NOC changes, MSOffice365/Skype for Business is behind on this. Requiring to be logged in and refreshing the page, just to be aware of changes.

• Ramanath Hariharan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

This is a very important feature that needs to be implemented for Administrators so that service disruption can be minimized. Also it would be helpful if we get alerts regarding planned maintenance/ other activities prior to the scheduled dates.

Thanks

• Anand Prakash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really needed for administration as manually checking health dashboard is not a feasible solution.

• Parag Ghushe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very much needed for proactive estate management and alarming user in advance. Current dashboard needs an individual to keep tab on and then react on it.

• Piyush Mishra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully Support my colleague Arun Velusamy to start the email Notification for Service Health degradation issues.

• Arun Velusamy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its very disappointing to see that service goes off and there is no notification to admins. My suggestion to Microsoft is that, rather than spending time to add too many feature, first build the basement and then add whatever feature you want. Its not ideal to monitor service health every minute.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HI,

If it works then it would be very very helpful for the office 365 admins.
        Please guide me through the procedure and what access levels i am required?

Thank you

Jasdeep

• Claudia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completelly agree; it is not feasible to monitor the dashboard at all times and customers are nt promptelly informed when a Global outage has already been triggered by MS

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base