Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Service Health (dashboard) alerts to be send via email

Global Admin or any Distribution list be able to receive the service health dashboard summary or any major service outage alerts over the email.
There has to be an option to subscribe to the alerts (old school SharePoint Lists alerts mechanism) providing an email. This functionality should be only permissible to Global Admin and can add up to 5 email addresses.
This will reduce the over head of an Admin to keep going back to dashboard to be able to monitor health, Or if this needs to be assigned to a separate team (without exposing the Admin Center).

650 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sudhanshu Tripathi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ernadel Sioson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should have been included as part of the original implementation of Service Health. It isn't a nice to have especially when you have all your users dependent on a service and have the Help Desk automatically bombarded with calls that "x" isn't working.

I currently have human eyes watching this.Primary fundamental functionality as it relates to notifications of service interruption!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is important and basic feature to be made available as Tenant or Global admins will not be able to check the search health for latest incidents all day.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pro-active notification of service degradation should be available - and allow non-O365 addresses, otherwise I might not get them. Allow any user to subscribe with a validated email, and select what services they want to receive notifications on, and level of severity. This is pretty basic stuff.

• Pradeesh Pushpan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we always felt there needed to be a proactive alert mechanism for the same instead of going back and login to the dashboard to check for the service health indicator.

A lack of proactive distributed communications hampers our ability to be informed of and stay ahead of situations. Forcing customers to 'go find it yourselves' is poor customer service.

I agree most strongly. It have other ways to alert to admin without login to check in the portal.

• Anthony Harper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree, but it should not be limited to just Global Admins. Each service has its own list of owners, and individuals that manage and operate the service. Anyone that wants to sign up should be able to do so, or alternatively a single operational DL could be used to receive all alerts.

• Anan Saecoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree most strongly. It have other ways to alert to admin without login to check in the potal.

Thanks

• Juho Rikala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully agree, the current process for O365 customers is way too cumbersome and from 80's.

• Kurt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add! I would like to be able to subscribe to instant alerts when something in the Service Health is added or updated.

• Jag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Much needed feature, i see this was requested long back... Any update?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base