Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

delete microsoft team conversation

It is better to manage the conversation of Microsoft Team. I suggest we could delete conversation or we could remove at least the member of conversation.

208 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Frank shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Mike Lambourne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As part of secondary school education, the Teams feature is going to be used more and more within school, but equally, it is important to tidy things up when using Teams to teach offsite kids who are either at home or in hospital for one reason or another. Office 365 has been pushed heavily into schools here in the UK, so we will need more control of things like this, so the pupils don't go off on a tangent and read things they don't need to. Keep them 'On-task'....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clear Team Chat History on organizational level.
    Chat history need to be automatically cleared and not saved, like in Skype.
    There should be some way to do this automatically through a setting or via PowerShell Command
    Please suggest so we can maintain as in organizational level.

• DN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very Important function for a Team owner, I don't understand why it is still not available.

This is especially important when developing 'bots' and their output and testing channels !

• Roland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree: I am trying to delete an automated message from a bot (connected service) in Teams. Being the owner of the Team/Channel, I would expect to be able to moderate the chat thread. It is weird that I can't delete chat messages as owner. And while the workaround to ask team members to delete one of their chat messages is tedious but an option, this is not possible for automated non-member messages.

Ability to delete conversations - ones that may be inappropriate, may include confidential info, or the messing around pre-launch - is very important to maintaining a professional tone in the Team. It would be really valuable!

This would be a tremendously helpful feature e.g. to clean-up the Conversation stream before launching a new room (after one has tested the various features which leads to spamming of the Conversation stream).

• Jim Treharne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very much agree... this tool and content needs to be managed to be truly useful in the workplace.

I cant delete obsolete posts, errors, irrelevant content.

Very strange that this is not an 'Out of the box' feature.

• Kan Tang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
    Sometimes people just mis-connected some Connector and the whole conversation page was filled with irrelevant posts. This is more than annoying. Please provide functionality to delete them. Thanks!

• Jeff Hellenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make that a +2. There must be a way to manage conversation content for a great many reasons. It could be that the way conversations are used has evolved for the Team. Or, as John mentioned, some inappropriate content was posted. Or simply to prune older, irrelevant discussions. A conversation is not something we etch in stone anymore.

• John Benak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BIG +1 on this one.

This could be extremely valuable, and I find it a big potential problem with Teams, esp if the owner of a team wants to manage the content, or (worse) if a member posts inappropriate or sensitive data/content to a large or public team.

If a group has spent a lot of time/work on a team and we have to delete the entire thing, then they certainly won't be happy. If it can't be done via the Teams app then possibly via Powershell? I'd imagine each conversation would have a GUID, so we could target the GUID and delete it, no?

Feedback and Knowledge Base