Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Don't hide service requests which are closed

Most support ticket systems I use (from various vendors) retain a history of previous tickets/cases. This can be very valuable when someone needs to refresh their memory on the details of how a solution was implemented. Those other vendors often keep old cases available for viewing for a year or more.

Currently the O365 Service Request portal hides tickets/cases as soon as they are closed.

PLEASE consider revising this policy!

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
RP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with RP.
    It is very helpful to have a view of the old cases.
    For the old cases are not deleted and are accessable to the MS support, I do not see a reason why the customer shall not see the old cases.

The suggestions from several collegues, to change the filter I can not follow. As written many times, the old cases are out of view. It is not possible by now to reactivate them.

• Erik Ludlow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone know how long cases are visible for in the admin portal when you change the filter to "all requests"?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Baffling that this even needs to be a feature that needs to be voted on! its almost like there's a desire to bury old cases, which only causes more knock-on issues.

• RP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This still doesn't work the way it should!

They kept closed cases around for a short while (several months?) which can be viewed by clicking the filter button and then changing from "Open" to "Closed" or "All".

But then they seem to have wiped those out. Now when I click "View Older Support Tickets" there's nothing there! Only the lovely message "There are no service requests to be displayed"

With the price of server disk space plunging on a steady basis, it baffles me that companies would be so stingy with their case retention for customers. :(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to have this feature restored so my fellow IT Admins can have full visibility in case I'm on vacation or out sick. And I use the closed tickets to remind myself of what's been setup and what we've had problems with in the past. At the moment I can't even see OPEN tickets either. But remember please restore all my old tickets too!!! I could use this feature yesterday guys and I'm kinda mad none thought of the user end of this change. That needs to change too.

• Denise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like a report on history of Service Requests.
    Searchable and Sortable including Admin that opened the request, date including when closed, status of open requests, etc

• Jonathan Finney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It used to be possible to access support ticket history, but when the new 'concierge' system was rolled out this disappeared altogether. I now have to keep a spreadsheet listing pertinent details (date, case number, brief description, text submitted, engineer's name etc.). This shouldn't be necessary.

Also, a recent message in the Office 365 Admin Message Center says:

"For a short time, you will not be able to open multiple support tickets or see your support ticket history. We’re working on bringing this functionality back shortly. If you have a support ticket open with us and encounter another issue, please use the ‘Need help’ button to connect back with a support engineer."

- MC100844 May 8, 2017

This indicates that it's functionality that should be there, but isn't implemented yet. There's no date given for when we might see this happen, just 'shortly', but at least they claim to be 'working' on it.

And another engineer suggested that I can just reopen the case any time I want to refer to it, by sending an email reply to the case. That is also NOT a good solution. Because (1) There is probably a sunset time (14 days?) whereafter one cannot reopen a closed case, (2) again one might not have that case #'s email handy, and (3) reopening the case is not what we wish to do... we just wish to read/review the history.

Also, several engineers gave me the suggestion to just refer to any past email dialogue for this case, but that is NOT a good solution. Because (A) old emails may have been purged or are just not easy to locate, and (B) more than one person may wish to review an old case, and they might not have been on the case originally so they never even received the emails.

Feedback and Knowledge Base