Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Allow timezone change for message trace

Currently message trace timezone is set to UTC 0. This is really annoying. We should be able to change the timezone for this. There are posts on the forums going back to 2012 requesting this feature... please implement it.

380 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Robert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this MS! It makes it very difficult to troubleshoot! As Tee mentions, it is fixed in some places, please fix it in the rest (Starting with the message trace in Exchange for example?)

• Tee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems Microsoft have fixed this in the new Office 365 Security & Compliance centre. The Message Trace function shows in the searched time zone.

• Tee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been one year since I last posted about this and it's not fixed. Microsoft, you need to get your act together! People are crying out for this and you're ignoring it!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have some problems validating an Exchange external connector and this "phased out" message trace make it more difficult. The same problem persists in both message trace from EAC and "Office 365 Security & Compliance" from where I need an "extended report" that cannot be matched with the other party server report. :-(

The whole point of looking a message trace is to debug the sending of mail over a timeline between the server / client. Put a 'convert to timezone' feature in there which maps over-the timezone column with an adjustment value plz!

This should be a bug! Message trace results is showing double additions.

8:00 AM message in (UTC +4) is showing as 4:00 PM in results with header showing as (UTC +4).

• ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently message trace timezone is set to UTC 0. This is really annoying. We should be able to change the timezone for this. There are posts on the forums going back to 2012 requesting this feature... please implement it.

Please implement this super easy fix, it's annoying trying to convert to the proper timezone!

• Brandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

UTC time tracking is annoying and confusing. Please implement current time zone.

• Tee Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must... I'm sure some admins won't even notice it's in UTC. I came here to post this idea, and years later it's still not implemented!
    This should be automatically picked up from the user's timezone, but also be changeable to another timezone as needed.

• Randy Hobbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you are using Message Trace it usually mean you have a problem. you don't need to be trying to figure out the time also. please fix so we can set the time zone.

• Grant Root commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just ran across this problem. It's really quite confusing to have all times translated to UTC, even when both sender and receiver are in our time zone (Eastern).

• Sheldon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone at Microsoft confirm that this forum is being monitored? It is very important to our management team that this issue is resolved. A response would be appreciated. Thanks

I agree with this. Especially when we have to promptly produce and explain logs.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base