Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

DNSSEC support in Office 365

Please add DNSSEC support for managed domains in Office 365 business (enterprise) plans

1,129 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Lukas Beran shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the Netherlands DNSSEC (and DANE for that matter) are mandatory "comply or explain" standards for the entire NL government. See https://www.forumstandaardisatie.nl/standaard/dnssec
    It is therefore crucial that Msoft fixes this ASAP.
    Not only to implement the compliance with this directive, but also to show that Msoft is serious about continuous improvement with respect to Internet security and resilience.

• mark98201 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google provides DNSSEC as part of their service as a domain registrar and DNS host. Office 365 ought to provide DNSSEC with its DNS hosting as well. We will move our DNS back to Google if Microsoft doesn't implement this basic security measure soon.

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Had contact with a Dutch sales representative for Office 365. He told me that DNSSEC was implemented. However (many hours later searching and calling with tech support....), it isn't implemented in any way. There are also no current plans to implement this in the future.

How can O365 boast about it's security but have this best-practice methods not available for it's customers?

• R. Willems commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this issue? We need to know if and when this feature is implemented.
    DNSSEC and Dane are best-practise or at the least strongly adviced to be implemented.

• Linas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Laba diena.Lukai gal gali pagelbeti man as buvau Office 365 pasidejas pinygus ir man ana paskira pavoge.Gal padetum susigrazinti paskira?

• David Rukavina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I logged a premier support case with MS asking about DANE for EOP, and got the following reply from the support technician today:

"I got the following update from the Engineering group PM for this area:
    There are ongoing discussions with O365 Security about DANE, but right now there are no plans to support it."

• John W. O'Brien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DNS-based attacks seem to be growing in sophistication, frequency, and persistence. ICANN recently called for full deployment of DNSSEC across all unsecured domain names, which, right now, includes the domains associated with Office365.

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2019-02-22-en

Microsoft: DNSSEC is not a feature. It is a fundamental, infrastructure security capability. You should not be asking your users to vote on it, but instead making immediate and concrete plans to roll it out just as you would the next version of TLS.

• Alessandro Kornowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2019 arrived and still nothing about DNSSEC? In some months this request will be on 3rd birthday and 0 return from microsoft??

Very strange that am Enterprise mailing service such as o365 is not implementing these standards. Disappointing

• KH Eng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I so disappointed why Microsoft didn't take serious action again this feature as top priority. Security concern just let it on behind since December 01, 2016 19:53. Microsoft have world wide top professional within company but why can let this be happen!!!!! Please take immediately action for this enhance for upcoming feature add in.

• Henk Steenwijk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm actually quite surprised dnssec and Dane aren't yet supported, now we have to move the domain name to a different hosting provider to achieve the level of security we require. I always thought Microsoft was trying to create an all in one solution?

Microsoft... time to implement this. It's not sufficient secure anno 2018 and all the years before this year.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this ASAP. 99% of the constant flow of 'enhancements' to Office 365 are pointless fluff. Please redirect your efforts to something that actually adds value to your product.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base