Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Allow admins to turn off likes and @mention - PLEASE!

Once again, OWA has new 'features' added which are causing problems - particularly in a School environment such as ours. Likes and @mentions are flying about the system - teachers email a group of students who click the 'like' button and the teacher then gets loads of pings back which they have to deal with! Obviously, this could be useful but PLEASE release an admin UI for the control panel when you add these features so we can CHOOSE whether to let users have these features!

554 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

... and yet another vote for removing this feature or at least allowing it to be disabled. it is annoying in a personal environment as well as in a school environment

This feature is very annoying in a school environment - particular the 'Like' section. I'm not too worried about the @mentions feature as sometimes it can be easier to copy in other people to emails. But being able to 'like' an email in a school which may be regarding a confidential matter is hardly appropriate. A simple method of switching this off should definitely be included, either via the UI or through Powershell.

• Doug Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is stupid. Please as suggested add a UI to disable and remove the feature. Not every work place wants to function like it's facebook.

• Wayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is best used in a working environment - it is not required in a personal environment - whereas it is appreciated that some may find this feature useful it is not foe everyone so please add an option to disable or toggle on/off for those of us that do not require it - this might be a useful suggestion for all feature updates or new features - give the user the option - they are paying for it after all and should be able to choose as mentioned by the original poster

Add a disable GPO feature Microsoft - We're trying to run a business not a social media site.

Please allow users to disable this option. Completely terrible for email. We have enough clutter in our lives.

I see this as an annoyance, and not a feature. If I'm logged into Office 365 during class to show a presentation or something else, I get notifications in front of students that I can't turn off. Why would anyone need to "like" an email anyway? This isn't Facebook.

• Luciane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an annoying feature and the least Microsoft can do is to let users disable it if they don't like it. I mean, why inflict this to people? Is it just another way to fulfill the sadistic drive of a random programmer or, even worse, the sadistic tendencies of a board of directors?

• Britt Sorensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am so relieved to see I'm not alone on this issue. We have bereavements going out on a daily basis and the "Like" feature is listed on every single one of them. Who is going to click "Like" that someone has passed away? It's horrific. Someone could easily hit it by mistake and furthermore it's horrible to just see it there to begin with. Why worsen someone's grieving process with the "like" button? It's inappropriate and insensitive. Every time I see a bereavement notice go out now I wonder how the person who has lost a family member feels seeing the like option there, contributing to their suffering. Please correct this issue. It seriously has no place in a work environment.

I am not expecting such reply from MS support. please sort this asap

I apologize for the delayed response.

Unfortunately there is no option to disable the like or to turn off notifications for likes. Request you to submit user voice on the below link so we can implement this soon.

https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/273493-office-365-admin/suggestions/11699766-allow-admins-to-turn-off-likes-and-mention-plea?page=1&per_page=20

Let us know if all your queries are answered and if we could proceed with closing the service request.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dilly Dilly! This is an inappropriate feature in the workplace. I dont need a ding notification telling me that Suzan from accounting likes that Ill be up late updating the server on Friday.

• Matthew McGarity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove this -- it's a ******** feature that distracts and has the ability to cause emails to accidentally be sent to parties you did not attend. It also interrupts the flow of email composition.

Please add some functionality to either turn off or bypass this feature. I need to send emails with deliberate tags preceded by the @. The pop up and it's habit of auto-completing and "correcting" what I've deliberately typed is proving very annoying, but more importantly, counter productive.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base