Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Change or customize start page for all users onto Office 365 portal

Change or customize start page for all users on same time.

467 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Perry van Herpen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still not present I guess? Whe whould like to use a specific sharepoint site URL for the whole company. We can select sharepoint, but is it starts on the wrong page.

• Martin Coupal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is anyone from Microsoft is reading/responding to the Office 365 uservoice? What is the purpose having a uservoice site if nobody from Microsoft is managing it? Please Microsoft give at least a feedback. Setting a url as the landing page for O365 should not be that complicated and if it is, just let us know....

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if it could be locked as well. So the users can't change it

• Alain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is very useful for companies. starting page will have all the list of web links that is use by the company. if you can allow to add some of O365 apps in the list, then even better. less click for user, less searching for buttons for user, and easier administration

• Thomas Quaranta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the option to set the Default start page for all users, but allow the end user to override the change themselves if they wish.

• Andrew Moss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially useful as we host our own exchange but had to add the exchange license to activate office classroom. For a number of users this means their default start page (currently set randomly it appears) is their non existent mail page and it errors out blocking them from using the service

• Carlos Fernandez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very important to IT Admins, for secutiry and operational reasons we need to limit the user access to some or neccesary applications only.

• Duncan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a need to offer admins the option to determine the actual page that all users see when logging in, my reason for wanting this is that we use Office 365 only for Sharepoint for most of our users and we do not want them being invited to use OneDrive etc as it will cause havoc with our not very tech savvy users,

I need to be able to limit what they can break of the current IT system. I have enough problems keeping them from upgrading to Windows 10 which is not compatible with everything that we use.

I know MS wants us to be always up-to-date but non-tech businesses employ non-tech competent people and MS must offer those who sit between these two worlds a way of controlling the damage the unskilled users can do.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base