Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

View Current Automapping setting

Currently there is no way to view whether Automapping of a mailbox is enabled or disabled in office 365. It would be nice to be able to view this value in either powershell or the GUI.

Additionally it would be nice to be able to turn automapping on or off via the EMC instead of only powershell.

883 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Phil Shand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Automapping settings have really caused a lot of issues with shared mailboxes. Not being able to check this setting when your dealing with hundreds of users when dealing with important company shared office365 mailboxes such as payroll and accountspayable is becoming an essential value to know

• JH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would certainly be helpful to view the state of AutoMapping per mailbox. I can understand it might not be worth the effort to extend it to the Web UI but it should be available via PS!

• Patrick J. McDonnell III commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this and/or add the feature in O365! Very strange that verify a user has automapping enabled, you have to use powershell to remove and then add the permissions! And still there's no way to confirm!

• Daniel Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Weird that it can be SET using set-mailboxpermission ($true/$false) yet there is no way to get- automapping settings ... *sigh* ... MS, really? Please fix.

• Michael McNally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of the time, I do want automapping on.
    Some of the time, I want automapping off.
    All of the time, I can't tell which way it is set.

This really needs to be fixed.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In regards to the second sentence, it would be nice to be able to TURN AUTOMAPPING OFF. Now you can only delete and then re-add the permission (without automapping).

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base