Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

View Current Automapping setting

Currently there is no way to view whether Automapping of a mailbox is enabled or disabled in office 365. It would be nice to be able to view this value in either powershell or the GUI.

Additionally it would be nice to be able to turn automapping on or off via the EMC instead of only powershell.

959 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Derek Moller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, even in hyrbid this only seems to provide Automapping information for those accounts still on premises.

• Derek Moller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely agree, the Get-MailboxPermission should be able to return this information. Even in hybrid it would be nice to have a much simpler method.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sadly, this is still the current behavior in a cloud-only EXO tenant, even after 3 years.
    The only (tedious) way to be certain automapping is set to false is to remove and re-add permissions which is definitely not the most practical if you have a large pool of users to pass through.
    Need more votes so pass this UserVoice around!

While I completely agree that O365 Engineers need to learn PS, this is a task I want my helpdesk to handle. Based on skill level and turn-over, the current methods are too complicated to expect my support desk to manage. That means I have very highly paid engineers checking and fixing permissions for mailboxes. Please provide this capability or let Premier handle it.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you're in a hybrid configuration with Azure AD Connect you can do this in powershell. Hope this helps someone.

Sorry it's not commented or pretty, busy days this month.

Import-Module ActiveDirectory

$automapped = Get-ADUser -Filter * -Properties msexchdelegatelistlink, UserPrincipalName |
    where {$_.msexchdelegatelistlink -ne ""} |
    Select-Object name, @{N="msExchDelegateListLink"; e={$_.msexchdelegatelistlink}}, UserPrincipalName
    $targets= @()

foreach($User in $automapped)

{
    $Delegates = $user | select @{ N="Name"; e= {$_ |select -ExpandProperty MsExchDelegateListLink}}
    $delegatesExp = $Delegates | Select -ExpandProperty Name
    foreach($delegate in $delegatesExp)

{
    If ($delegate -notlike "CN=Administrator*")

{
    $DelegatedUserUPN = Get-ADUser -Identity ($Delegate.tostring()) -Properties Userprincipalname | Select UserPrincipalName
    $DelegatedName = ($Delegate.split(",")[0]).replace("CN=","")
    $target = New-Object psobject
    $target | Add-Member -type noteproperty -Name "User Name" -Value ($user.Name) -force
    $target | Add-Member -type noteproperty -Name "DelegatedUser" -Value ($DelegatedName) -force
    $target | Add-Member -type noteproperty -Name "UserPrincipalName" -Value ($user.UserPrincipalName) -force
    $target | Add-Member -type noteproperty -Name "DelegatedUser" -Value ($DelegatedName) -force
    $target | Add-Member -type noteproperty -Name "DelegatedUserUPN" -Value ($DelegatedUserUPN.UserPrincipalName) -force
    $targets += $target

}
    }

}

$targets | Export-Csv C:\SCRIPTS\AutoMapped_Mailboxes_With_Delegates.csv -NoTypeInformation

How the **** is this feature STILL not available?? Can somebody PLEASE get on this?

• Michael Burke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admin's should expect to have to use PowerShell to properly admin the tenant. Let's not get lazy. Learn PS!

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So many years for exchange and online, still can't check this.
    It should not be so hard to add this in PS

• Jeremy Lutze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree def needed.

We have a staff with 15+ shared mailboxes they cannot even open MS Outlook without it having issues from Crashing Outlook, Out-of-Memory Errors or not allowed to send/receive emails.

They advised disabling "MAPI" under mail features which would affect everyone from not seeing the mailbox, using distribution groups or powershell feature.

In a way I am amazed MS Outlook never fixed have multiple shared mailboxes open as this bug has been around since Outlook 2007

(Advised by Microsoft too many connections)

I absolutely agree on this. At this moment it is impossible to know if automapping is true or false. Not even with powershell. We need to check now and then the status on a mailbox.

• Alxeander Sentyurin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really annoyng dumb remove-add permission procedure just for check automapping. It would be nice to be able to view this value in either powershell.

I agree. Being able to view this on a per shared mailbox basis would be very essential to us.

• Edwin Lloyd-Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature the inability to confirm if the setting is there when users report issues with auto-mapping is a real pain. All we can do is re-run the command and see if it helps.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base