Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

read only

Get a new user role to read only the entire configuration of O365 admin portal.

450 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Maxime Vignal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a requirement for us as well due to separation of duties. The security teams need to be able to see the information but only the admins can make any changes.

• Michael White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we have a consultant that wants full visibility to the tennant but we don't want to give them any control

• Julien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is mandatory in our company, hoping we can have a date soon for implementation.
    We can't have our security analysts granted with global admin provileges for obvious reasons, however we must be able to review each account (exchange, onedrive, sharepoint) configuration as well as global system settings.

• Scott Rachui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At our company, the separation of responsibilities makes it essential that we get a Read Only Global Administrator permission. There are many things I need to see without the ability to make modifications. I especially need this in both the Exchange Admin Center and Security and Compliance Center

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When are READY ONLY admin roles going to be made available. Can't understand why this is not available.

Please post an update on roadmap position for Global Admin Read-only access, if there yet.

Require customized admin roles to delegate access to vendor and partners, also require Read-Only admin roles for support teams

• Anthony Harper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree that this is needed. We have security teams and ops folks who don't have and are not permitted to have global Admin rights asking what settings are configured. Impossible to see without a Global Admin Reader Role.

• Tina Snyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have requested this option through my TAM as it is a necessary role to be able to see configurations throughout our Dev and Prod to make sure they are in sync. I shouldn't be a GA just to see these things!

• Stefan Denninger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As we are implementing the solution to many customers, we want to check or look, how things are done in our own enviroment. Also for Demo.
    BUT without change right ;)

Very good idea, I also need it and I think every customer need this role for auditing / controlling purposes.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base