Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Billing Notifications vs. Global Admins

Any Global Admin automatically gets our Billing Statements. Why is this so rigid? I would like to be able to add an email address to the Billing Notifications, say, "Accounts Payable@ domain.com" but I don't want the Accounting department here to be a Global Admin in Exchange.

By the same token, I might have outside consultants that I want to be Global Admins, but I don't need them getting our billing statements.

562 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jim Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too. I am running some trials on things like ATP. I do no want my CFO and other high level admins to be bothered with this. It is very annoying. I get like four emails every time I change my plan level.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an option to send this to any email address you choose. We need these to go to a distro for Accounts Payable and not directly to all admin users.

Microsoft, please address this. This is very frustrating seeing every single licensing change spam email our entire admin base. We only need these notifications to be delivered to one email address.

• Juan Vargas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you add the user to the "Billing Administrator" Role, they should be listed under "Billing>Billing Notifications" and will receive emails regarding their bills. Other than that, i would like to see a more flexible option to allow specific emails to receive them instead of having to choose which O365 user will be assigned.

• Zac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is seriously quite the annoyance. Please give us an option to control our notification preferences, even if you require that at least one user gets them. I'm tired of setting up email filters to fix this.

FFS Microsoft! Our global admin receives billing notifications but they do not require it.

Please, for the love of customer happiness, allow global admins to opt out of billing notifications. This is ridiculous for a modern day multinational service.

Listen to your customers and provide this very simple option!!!!!

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is this still not fixed? What is the target date for this fix

• Jon Webster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use global admin because O365 is constantly evolving and we don't want to add new customized administrator settings each time some new admin portal is created. However, we have no interest in receiving billing notifications.

Please sort this out, global admins are NOT billing admins by design.....Please stop sending global admins the info for billing admins...........

• bvosburg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this hasn't been done. So tired of getting these billing emails from my clients account.

• ewen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is must - so many people have shared receipt accounts eg Receipts@
    I dont want them as a an admin of anything - just send me the recveipt

• Lucky Menace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this feature implemented. It doesn't make sense that all global administrators should receive billing statements

It's not obvious, but it is possible to have a "Global Admin" without billing:
    1) Go to the user's role
    2) Choose "Customized Administrator"
    3) Check all boxes *EXCEPT* "Billing Administrator"
    4) Save; Close; Done!

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft's total inflexibility is just ONE reason why Apple is a trillion dollar company and Microsoft is losing marketshare. I can hear the chisel and hammer trying to carve out a text. Time to pension off the archaic behemoth and find another solution. If banks can send me invoices directly, surely this dinosaur can too. Too big to fail? Nope, too big to care.

• Wayne Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this is still an issue. It's an obvious one that MS shouldn't need feedback on. We should be able to nominate a billing contact, then that account AND ONLY THAT ACCOUNT should receive invoices. We have mid-level techs who needs to be global admins to manage our environment but certainly shouldn't be seeing billing info. It makes no sense. Fix it Microsoft.

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a workaround, I have set up a mail flow rule in exchange to redirect these messages to the accounts email.

I'm not sure it is possible to stop them being delivered to the global admin alternative email address, but you can set up a rule/filter to just delete them when they arrive on that address.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base