Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Billing Notifications vs. Global Admins

Any Global Admin automatically gets our Billing Statements. Why is this so rigid? I would like to be able to add an email address to the Billing Notifications, say, "Accounts Payable@ domain.com" but I don't want the Accounting department here to be a Global Admin in Exchange.

By the same token, I might have outside consultants that I want to be Global Admins, but I don't need them getting our billing statements.

501 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is this still not fixed? What is the target date for this fix

• Jon Webster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use global admin because O365 is constantly evolving and we don't want to add new customized administrator settings each time some new admin portal is created. However, we have no interest in receiving billing notifications.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please sort this out, global admins are NOT billing admins by design.....Please stop sending global admins the info for billing admins...........

• bvosburg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this hasn't been done. So tired of getting these billing emails from my clients account.

• ewen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is must - so many people have shared receipt accounts eg Receipts@
        I dont want them as a an admin of anything - just send me the recveipt

• Lucky Menace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this feature implemented. It doesn't make sense that all global administrators should receive billing statements

It's not obvious, but it is possible to have a "Global Admin" without billing:
        1) Go to the user's role
        2) Choose "Customized Administrator"
        3) Check all boxes *EXCEPT* "Billing Administrator"
        4) Save; Close; Done!

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft's total inflexibility is just ONE reason why Apple is a trillion dollar company and Microsoft is losing marketshare. I can hear the chisel and hammer trying to carve out a text. Time to pension off the archaic behemoth and find another solution. If banks can send me invoices directly, surely this dinosaur can too. Too big to fail? Nope, too big to care.

• Wayne Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this is still an issue. It's an obvious one that MS shouldn't need feedback on. We should be able to nominate a billing contact, then that account AND ONLY THAT ACCOUNT should receive invoices. We have mid-level techs who needs to be global admins to manage our environment but certainly shouldn't be seeing billing info. It makes no sense. Fix it Microsoft.

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a workaround, I have set up a mail flow rule in exchange to redirect these messages to the accounts email.

I'm not sure it is possible to stop them being delivered to the global admin alternative email address, but you can set up a rule/filter to just delete them when they arrive on that address.

There is no reason why all Administrators should receive invoices. I work for a small company so I happen to be the bookkeeper and an Administrator but I have to believe in most cases the Accounts Payable person is not and should not be an administrator. I see no reason why these 2 function should be connected. The bill should only go to the AP representative and they only reason I see for you to send out multiple invoices is that you are hoping companies will pay all invoice in error and you make more money. sounds kind of like fraud. you need to get this corrected.

• LeLo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS? How long it takes to fix the bug that every global admin gets the invoices???

• Oz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm amazed this doesn't appear to have been listened to. It's such a frustration and nothing more than spam mail for the majority of users who received it .. to two account each! Please sort this.

• Richard Logan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is good. In addition, the system emails the alternate email address instead of the actual email address for the actual email account. It's horribly frustrating as I never check that email address! The billing emails just needs a redesign!

I, too have a need to select specific Global Admins to receive the Billing Notifications.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base