Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

sendas and email alias

I would like the ability to send an email as an alias.

545 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jon Catt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on O365 team - stop forcing us to use a Shared Mailbox to accomplish this simplest of tasks. As an add-on to this missing "feature", why not connect the dots and allow the user to choose a relevant signature, which automatically changes the From: field to the relevant alias?

• Amanda Poole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 votes for this!

We have a number of clients who need this functionality, including ourselves. We have clunky solutions in place for those that are desperate for it (send as permissions on dist. groups), but this would make so many lives easier

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely ridiculous that you cannot send emails using an alias domain. I have spent hours on the phone to support, who thought they had a solution only to find sent email still always shows as coming from the default domain. I cannot believe this ticket has been open since November 2015, the function has still not been enabled, and there has been no comment here from Microsoft. +3 votes. I'm likely to have to move to Gmail.

Rather hard to belive this still is not an option, many organisations have multiple email alias per user, and to allow the user to select which email alias is their default, and which to use really should be a base feature

We need this feature added for service accounts to be able to receive mail for incoming ticketing requests

• Jack daSilva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have many folks who need to send email from one of several brands and the ability to send as an alias instead of using a Shared Mailbox makes sense.

• VFR Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that I still cannot send emails from an alias in Office 365 is unbelievable. Google Apps / Gmail have had this ability for a very long time. The lack of this ability seriously hinders my company to perform certain tasks.

The web is full of people looking for a solution to this problem, yet Microsoft seems to be intentionally ignoring it. The web is also full of suggestions for workarounds, but none are ideal, and workarounds shouldn't even be necessary.

• Mats commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this! this has been on the wish list for every Exchange customer since version 4.0

Thanks

• Declan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Office365 Team :),

Please add this feature - it would really help us and solve a huge headache!

Very best,
    Declan

• sea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree we have a business with several domains and need to send as alias's with different domains, is this feature going to be implemented? Seems a no brainer to me?

I agree this should really be implemented. We own all of these domains and sometimes people need to send to other domains with a different email address for legal reasons. Having to add a POP3 inbox with that alias is only a small work around that increases the amount of space Outlook profiles take on the hard drive.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This absolutely needs to be implemented. The "workarounds" given to me by Microsoft Support are not feasible above a handful of users. Just about every other mail system I've used supports this feature.

• Jeroen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a company we heavily use this feature with our current mail provider and this feature would allow us to easily migrate those settings towards office 365

• Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The two options are Distribution Lists and Shared Mailbox - both messy and especially so on a mobile. I would like a much better way to handle this.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can this feature not yet be done? It is super helpful

• Leon Ditlevsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too. I use groups for that now, but it adds an annoring signature at the end that you cant remove. (The unsubscribe from group signature)

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base