Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

sendas and email alias

I would like the ability to send an email as an alias.

415 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pawel Rostkowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If free hotmail/live/outlook.com accounts can do this, it seems the code is there, as they are now based on O365 infrastructure. Lets hope it will be implemented soon.

• Edward Tsang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just want to check I am not the only one. the IMAP/SMTP workaround used to work until recently. I am talking about the past few days. and now I can't do that with my Office 365 paid subscription. is anyone else having the issue? this is very annoying.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just had the pleasure of replacing a 2 yr old laptop. FUN TIMES (still not done). I've been an Outlook user for many years. My small business uses Yahoo as their main email account. We have an alias email/website that has been in Outlook for years. Every email out/in shows the alias. Now, with the newest version, more annual money(!), i've lost this ability ? Please help me understand how i pay for this loss ?

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only G Suite can do this, even free hotmail/live/outlook.com accounts can do this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without configuring, out of the box, click on send as type in your alias and send the email. Would love this!

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's getting embarrassing that this still isn't supported.

• Rezno Patricio Carpio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this. Having workarounds as using IMAP/SMTP or using a distribution list is not efficient. Now that we have tenants having several domains (because growing, merges, etc.), it is necessary for a simple way end users can send email from aliases.

This is just plain stupidity. It is not like the code would be that hard to set up.

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very big issue for us as well. We have users (single mailbox/identity) within our enterprise who have roles with multiple organizations, with different organization-specific email addresses. They receive mail addressed to all of their proxy addresses, but are currently unable to send it "From" a specific email address, because Exchange rewrites the message with the primary SMTP address on the way out. The mail clients are capable of supporting multiple From addresses. Competing services are capable of supporting it. We just need Exchange to support it.

• Hans Leirvik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One friend needs a mail-adress, does not want all of Office365 or extra expences - only mail ..

• vic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very disappointing that with many people wanting this nothing has happened.

• Jon Catt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on O365 team - stop forcing us to use a Shared Mailbox to accomplish this simplest of tasks. As an add-on to this missing "feature", why not connect the dots and allow the user to choose a relevant signature, which automatically changes the From: field to the relevant alias?

• Amanda Poole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 votes for this!

We have a number of clients who need this functionality, including ourselves. We have clunky solutions in place for those that are desperate for it (send as permissions on dist. groups), but this would make so many lives easier

Absolutely ridiculous that you cannot send emails using an alias domain. I have spent hours on the phone to support, who thought they had a solution only to find sent email still always shows as coming from the default domain. I cannot believe this ticket has been open since November 2015, the function has still not been enabled, and there has been no comment here from Microsoft. +3 votes. I'm likely to have to move to Gmail.

Rather hard to belive this still is not an option, many organisations have multiple email alias per user, and to allow the user to select which email alias is their default, and which to use really should be a base feature

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base