Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Make is possible to change tenant name in Office365

Iv realized that there is no option to change the tenant name in Office365.

This would be a great tool for businesses that change their name and want to keep their current solution in Office365.

A simple task like changing the tenant name for Office365 would save businesses allot of time.

6,643 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ole Morten Støbakk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

219 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. Affects me because of long path names exceeding 250 char limit because of long Onedrive home folder name that includes long company name.

• Tim Meuter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even being able to use your own domain as an alias for SharePoint would be a nice option.

• Eddy Hani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this feature regarding the SharePoint URL.
    Please update us on when this will be fixed?

• Chris McKee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crazy this isn't a feature. The amount of time it takes to change a tenant name is insane.

• RobM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major oversight on MS part. As if nothing ever changes in a company? Esp When Microsoft itself changes programs names frequently. But alas even teams is still using Lync urls on the backend, so highly doubt any this change will happen.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More than 6000 votes and Microsoft has no comment on this? At least explain why this is not possible so we stop hoping.

• Erik Akhtar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Out company has recently changed its name and would like to be able to reflect those changes in O365 and Sharepoint. This makes it difficult to completely embrace the change over within the company and also creates large unnecessary projects if an organization decides to change its name.

• Josh Butcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 ... please update to support this... change is constant and the product should support it...

• Mike Glenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spent a few hours setting up a tenant for my condo association, adding members, apps, files, notebooks, etc. Then I noticed Condominiums was spelled incorrectly (the 'i' and 'u' are transposed). I easily corrected the team name then discovered it's not possible to change the tenant name. Are you telling me I would have to start over again to fix this? I can only imagine the astonishment of a large organization discovering this after a merger or name change. 😲

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base