Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

Allow emails to be delayed in OWA

Please can we set Outlook to enable emails to be delayed - we can set out of office replies, so this should go in tandem with that

1,015 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow emails to be delayed in OWA would be very nice to have that feature again!

• Jeff Richards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They have a feature called ‘Undo send’ but the max is 30 seconds. I found that I need at least a minute before I go, “oh no…” and I also need to have e-mails send right away so I had previously created an exception for when I mark e-mails as high importance to go out right away in Office 2010 & 2013.
        I’d recommend a send delay to everyone. E-mail is our primary means of written communication and we work in an emotional and passionate industry. Neutering my only tool to defend against myself and maintain the highest level of professionalism would be a devastating disservice. Technology is supposed to help us (similar to my delay rule) not hurt us. Additionally, I’ve accidentally hit send or discard multiple times in the Office 2013 interface when I’m trying to “pop out.”

Benefits of delay send:
        https://hbr.org/2015/07/prevent-email-horror-with-a-2-minute-send-delay
        https://www.knowmail.me/blog/delay-email-delivery-outgoing-messages/
        https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/microsoft-office/use-outlook-rules-to-prevent-oh-no-after-sending-emails/

Jeff Richards

• KM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

disappointed to find this is not currently supported. Please add soonest.

• Chris Granger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a company we are spending a vast amount of time and resources on *** for tat emails which would be better handled by phone. Email has become the standard method of communication for too many people which is draining our resources. In an effort to mitigate this, we would like our emails to be written, sent and then be held in the outbox until say 5.30pm. In other words, just like the post. This will avoid the unnecessary *** for tat exchanges of emails which go on day by day.

• Keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please fix this! This was possibly using the previous non-cloud version of Outlook Exchange. It's a downgrade that it is not working on Office 360. What a weird solution -- to require us to leave Outlook open and running overnight and on weekends in order to be able to delay send a message for the following morning.

Please add it, i work with different time zone so this feature is a must, right now i have to have one computer running 24/7 with outlook desktop open to run the delay delivery process.

Many OWA users are looking for this feature now that we have migrated to O365

• Andrew Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely required to make this feature useful. Its mainly when im out of the office that I wish to do this.

• commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely needed - OWA lacks many good functions if were to be replace the client in future!~

This would be great feature if it runs on the server and sends the delayed mail even when your local client is closed

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base