Office 365 Admin

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the admin to pin custom tiles to the app launcher for all users in the tenant

With the newly released update it is now easy for an admin to add a custom tile to the My Apps page. However, as an admin you still can't add this custom tile to the app launcher for any user except yourself.

For several companies it would be nice if you gave the admin the ability to add tiles directly to the app launcher for all users. For example when you want to link to the time management tool, public website etc.

2,802 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      116 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! The ideas on this thread have been instrumental in shaping our approach and the great news is that we’re actively exploring app management features for admins including the ability to pin and remove tiles from the launcher. It’s important for us that anything we introduce doesn’t break the diverse range of setups across our customers or impact our ability to innovate or change the App Launcher in the future. You can keep up to speed with our development by following the Office 365 Roadmap: http://fasttrack.microsoft.com/roadmap where you’ll see a new item named ‘Admin Customization of App Launcher’ over the next few days.

• Tenant-wide time zone setting for SharePoint (at least)

It doesn't make any sense to me to have to set the time zone per Site Collection. For an organization that sits in one time zone, having to change every Site Collection from PST to the local time zone is tedious. If there were a single overarching setting that Site Collections could inherit from, it would make things a lot easier.

309 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        18 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. You can see what’s happening with Office 365 on the Office 365 Roadmap.

• Properly delete an external users from o365

The problem is that some users receive an invitation to an email A and for some reason accept it with an email B.
        Because of this, the user can't log into the site where he was invited with his email A.

I've investigated how to properly delete this user from our Sharepoint online plateform to unlink the email A and the email B in order to be able to resend a new invitation to email A.
        I've proceed to the different steps explained in this KB : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3026478

And unfortunately, after all these powershell commands, the link between A and…

57 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. You can see what’s happening with Office 365 on the Office 365 Roadmap.

• Add an External User view to Office 365 Admin Portal

When external users are invited to a site, their account is created and visible in the Office 365 Admin portal > Active Users.
          In this example, I have invited Fabrice from STPSchools. He uses an Organisational account:
          fabricec@stpschools.onmicrosoft.com
          It has been added to my Active Users list as:
          fabricec_stpschools.onmicrosoft.com#EXT#@Webster.net.nz.

As more external people are invited, I want to view and manage them as a separate group. I could view them all using the Unlicensed Users view. But that also includes other unlicensed users in my organisation.

Please create a view to list all External User accounts, separate from Unlicensed…

100 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We know that there is no good way of managing external users in the Admin Portal today and we are thinking about ways to solve this.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base