Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Find machine installs without having to go into each individual user account

I wish to search machines with Office 365 installed without having to go into each users individual office 365 account i.e.have the ability to search for machine installs directly from the Office 365 Admin console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow InsiderFast on selected PCs

We have Office 365 E3. I have my subscription on my main PC, but also on a VM that I use to test future builds of Windows. I want to install Insider Fast Office on that VM (only) with the same account as my main PC. Support tells me that I will be forced to have Insider Fast on all PCs under my subscription.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. show and hide email

Show and Hide email disappeard

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There must be a way to download all the existing users in Office 365 to local AD.

Right now , Azure AD Connect will upload all the users in local AD to O365. Is there any way to add/merge the existing users in O365 to local AD?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Automatic License Transfer

Sometimes we have staff replacement if we know one is leaving. Say Staff A is leaving on Wednesday while the replacement "B" is on board on Monday (on the same week). From the costing perspective it is not worth to buy a monthly license, but it incur additional works to IT admin to provision a license to B after A leaves.

My suggestion is, can we have a function that schedule a license transfer from User A to User B at a specific date and time?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide Working hours in Office 365 Admin Portal

Implement an option to provide working hours to the Office 365 Support Team so that they may contact one in appropriate time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add ability to manage a user's shared mailboxes from the active users area

It would be awesome to have a "Shared Mailboxes" area when editing a user in the Users, Active Users area like we have with Groups, to easily add/remove a user from given shared mailboxes vs. having to go into each.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Teams - Group Call - Tiempo

Estamos implementando Teams desde hace 2 meses y nos está costando mucho estabilizar la plataforma en relación a la calidad de las llamadas y funcionalidades.
    En relación a las funcionalidades, esta es una de ellas:
    Permitir indicar un tiempo menor a 10 segundos a un Group Call

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow us

Allow us the ability to setup mailboxes with the “Set-CASMailbox -OutlookMobileEnabled $False. The fact that we have to wait until after creating a user profile is not helpful for my organization's processes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Out of Office during those periods.

Kindly create a certain command that would add a message informing anyone who sends an email that our offices will be closed during those periods.
    Also, for emails received during the weekend, an auto answer message that tells our opening hours and days.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Teams , why can’t we copy a users chat / calendar etc history to another user and for that matter why can’t we backup a users team session

Teams , why can’t we copy a users chat / calendar etc history to another user and for that matter why can’t we backup a users team session

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow phrases in Block Words list

The current Office 365 Group Naming Blocked Words feature only allows individual words to be blocked.

Trying to block "heckler and koch" for example, will block "Heckler" "And" & "Koch" as three separate words.

Trying to use the list to block department names, names for senior members of staff and job titles is not possible.

Trying to block "Chief Information Officer" effectively blocks the words "Chief", "information" and "Officer"....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Restrict access to Exchange Online to approved IPs like Sharepoint

IP address restriction to the local network should be a default option for Exchange Online. It is included for Sharepoint, but I have to purchase conditional access if I want to lock down EOL. Properly securing EOL should be a standard offering.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How about in office have option that says i do not want to use this feature - turn it off. Why do i have to hack registry keys

Set all privacy options in settings. Not hack registry keys.
    If i wanted all my personal data in the cloud i'd use free apps from google

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. In case of POP3 the size of the .pst needs to be increased from 2GB to 5GB.

The reason why it needs to be done is because after the recent changes done by Microsoft syncing Sent box also with Office365, users are getting frequent error message "mail box full" and as a result every time user needs to login in office 365 to delete old messages from Sent/Inbox box. This is causing lot of inconvenience to users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. GUI not showing Mobile device users and Default MDM Policy

Suddenly GUI not showing Mobile device users and Default MDM Policy. But based the advice given by Support person, it shows in the Powershell.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Usage reports in O365 Admin Portal don't accurately account for all users

The Usage reports in O365 don't accurately account for all licensed users if an O365 app is used without the individual component license enabled (e.g., users who access SPO without an SPO license)

BACKGROUND: We discovered when we first started using our O365 E3 tenant that an SPO license was not required to access SPO.
    Since SPO license is tied to One Drive, and Security has not finished piloting OneDrive, we allow users to access SPO via their SPO permissions, without an SPO license component enabled under the E3 license. These users can access SPO, they just do not have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Redesigning office 365 uservoice create a password email so that it doesn't get filtered by spam filter

Email gets filtered due to image with hyperlink in the email. Would be better to change as the email is related to password

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create signatures to some emails thru admin portal in office 365.

Create signatures to some emails thru admin portal in office 365.

(Currently It supports only server wide signature)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make it possible to track messages for shared mailboxes

It should be possible to track messages in the Exchange Admin Center, just as we can for regular user accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base