Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set MailboxFolderPermission default for tenant

It should be possible to set the default value for MailboxFolderPermission in the tenant, instead of having to do a maintenance task to update this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manual Update of Mailbox Usage Report

https://admin.microsoft.com/?source=applauncher#/reportsUsage/MailboxUsage

It would be nice to be able to force an updated report anytime after getting some users to clean out their mailbox.

How can manually force the "Last updated" date to update for the "Mailbox usage" in Microsoft 365 Reports in the admin center?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. customise NDR

Possibility of customising the standard NDRs that get sent out when creating a rule in Exchange 365 admin. The standard NDRs are very lengthy are confuses the person getting it and very often overlook the message sent with it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Message Center - Planner Sync improvements

I think the planner sync option for Message Center is great as it lets my organization's different MS product support groups track and review any upcoming changes to MS solutions.

We would like to see some of the prioritization and categorization data we see in the Admin center flow through to the Planner tasks created by the sync feature. That would allow us to better organize those updates without having to manually review each new planner task to assess which MS solution is being affected and what severity of change might be involved so we can distribute each notification to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. o365 Applications - AVIF (Audio Video Image Format) Support

Can we get AVIF Support in Microsoft Office 365 Applications?

Yammer, #Streams, #PowerPoint, #Word, #Excel, #o365

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Another User" feature to be re-implemented to Classic Exchange Admin Centre

The "Another User" feature which was accessed via the "Me" tile on Classic Exchange Admin Centre has been removed.
    This is a fundamental feature is managing OWA settings for users.
    The feature is not available in New Exchange Admin Centre, therefore removing this from Classic is a massive loss.
    It is crucial that this is re-implemented.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide admin option to disable user's access for mailbox during weekend, to help promote a healthy work / life balance.

Enable admin to have option to disable user access for all mailbox every weekend, to help promote a healthy work / life balance.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want to export multiple users’ calendars at once

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    複数のユーザーの予定表を一括でエクスポートしたい
    I want to export multiple users’ calendars at once

■Description(内容):
    他のユーザーの予定表をエクスポートする場合、Outlook クライアントにてビューを "一覧" に切り替え、Excel にコピーペーストする方法がありますが、複数のユーザーの予定表を一括で処理したい場合は同様の処理が出来ません。
    複数のユーザーの予定表を一括でエクスポートする手段について、管理者がまとめて確認をする場合などに有用だと思いますので、機能の拡充を希望いたします。

If you want to export another user’s calendar, you can change the view to “List” in the Outlook client and copy-paste into Excel, but there is no similar way to export several users’ calendars all at once.
    Please add a way to export many users’ calendars at once, as it would be useful for admins to check them etc.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Exchanging company mails internally using an external mail service

■Title(件名):
    組織内のメールのやり取りで外部のメールサービスを経由する場合について
    Exchanging company mails internally using an external mail service

■Description(内容):
    組織内のメールのやり取りの場合でも送信コネクタで外部のメールサービスを経由し、暗号化をする運用を行っています。

本件につきましては、メールの送信先が "メールが有効なセキュリティグループ"の場合についての機能の拡充を希望いたします。
    そのグループの受信設定を "組織内のみ" にしていると、送信元が組織内のユーザーであっても、一度外部を経由しているため、組織外として判定されメールが受信できない動作となっております。
    セキュリティ上、外部を経由した暗号化と、グループの受信設定を "組織内のみ" とすることを両立させたいと考えております。

Even for internal mail exchanges, they are encrypted using an external mail service via the mail send connector.

We would like improvements to be made to functionality when a “Mail enabled security group” is set as a mail recipient in this case.
    If that group’s receive setting is set to “only within the organization”, even if the sender of the mail is internal to the organization, since the mail passes through an external service, the mail…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make a visual view of Azure Conditional access policies

When creating the policy it would be great if there was a visual view of the rule. Sometimes it's hard to trace where your at or explain it to others. A visual view would help for both, and probably decrease tickets.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to change auto-generated password complexity - Admin Portal

In admin portal we have the feature to use a auto-generated password, created in Admin Portal (Active Users>Reset Password). The passwords generated are very weak (example: Hos57387) - Would it be possible to update this feature to allow it more password complexity in order for it to generate secure passwords like Hos_57*387! instead?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make Emails from Internal SMTP Relay Internal to the organisation

Consider the following scenario, we have a internal SMTP relay that sends to O365 using Option 3 (certificate based connector).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-microsoft-365-or-office-365

When using this relay to send to a distribution group, the distribution group needs to be set externally accessible even though the SMTP relay is authenticated with a certificate.

The workarounds provided are clunky: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/non-delivery-reports-in-exchange-online/fix-error-code-5-7-133-in-exchange-online

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable DKIM key creation in Admin Center

DKIM signing is an essential part of any properly configured email system. Using Windows PowerShell should not be required for initially creating the keys or selector records, especially where signing and key rotation are already features in the Admin Center.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Linked/Trusted Tenancies

I'm sure someone else must have added this!

I currently manage a tenancy for a trust of academies. When a new Academy joins the trust, we need to share resources, contacts, Teams, etc... we are having to migrate them into one Tenancy or add users as guests(which isn't a practical option), This is becoming very messy.

I just think it would be good if you could join/trust another tenancy, so they are managed separately but you are able to browse contacts, share onedrive/teams resources, etc... without creating guest accounts , behaving like one tenancy.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow config or removal of "Recommended" tiles

Users complain to me that the tiles are not useful and they would like to suppress them. Please add either an Expand/Contract control or allow setting to control the display of these tiles on www.office.com.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set caller ID for teams conference call with main line number (resource account number)

Currently, we have a primary call ID for my company. It works fine when making an initial call. However, if i am on a call with one party and i add a second call (conferencing in a second person on the fly), the my caller ID is not reflected. Instead it uses a number randomly assigned to me from the list of conference lines available. In my case, i'm in Philadelphia, PA and it assigns a Los Angeles, CA number. The common result is that the party i'm trying to add doesn't recognize the number either as a local number…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Permit manage distribution list using a security group as owner on OWA

Description of the problem:
    Members of a mail-enabled security group that owns a distribution list cannot see the lists that the group owns on the EAC. However, this is possible from Outlook desktop.

Resolution steps:
    This behavior is expected because it is the design of Exchange. The technical explanation is that:
    "The Exchange code says that, the ManagedBy property can only take user objects as valid entries, everything else will be ignored (that doesn't mean it won't let you set it to a different object type), it means that if ManagedBy contains anything other than a user object, the value…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to check mail items deleted by item retention policies from the audit logs

■Title(件名):
    アイテム保持ポリシーにて削除したメールアイテムを監査ログで確認したい
    I want to check mail items deleted by item retention policies from the audit logs

■Description(内容):
    アイテム保持ポリシーにて削除したメールアイテムは現在、メールボックス監査ログやOffice 365 監査ログでは確認が出来ません。
    確認可能になるように機能の追加を要望します。

There is no way to check mail items which were deleted by item retention policies from the mail box audit log or the Office 365 audit log.
    Please add such a function.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automatically have the resource mailbox calendar displayed on user calendars

■Title(件名):
    リソースメールボックスの予定表を自身の予定表上に自動で表示したい
    Automatically have the resource mailbox calendar displayed on user calendars

■Description(内容):
    リソースメールボックスの予定表を、管理者側でユーザーの予定表上に表示させたい
    Outlook クライアントの場合は、フルアクセス権限の付与にてオートマッピング機能が働き、メールボックス自体が自動で表示される
    Outlook on the Web の場合は、自動で表示させる機能自体が未実装
    グループを作成し "-IsHierarchicalGroup" を有効化することで、グループメンバーの予定表を自動で表示させることは可能だが、グループ内全メンバーの予定表が表示される
    リソースメールボックス単体で自動表示させる機能を希望

I want to be able to set, from the admin side, resource mailbox calendars to be shown on users’ calendars.
    In the case of the Outlook client, with full access permissions assigned the auto mapping function will automatically show the mailbox itself.
    For Outlook on the web, there is no way to automatically show it.
    While it is possible to automatically display group members’ calendars by creating a group and enabling “-IsHierarchicalGroup”,…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. valve replacement

There was a crane breakdown at home I can't find good parts (valve).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base