Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have admins to control when to finish verification process for subdomain ownership which has a parent-child relationship

Once the sub domain has been verified that has parent- child relationship, the ownership verification process will be skipped when we register the sub domain. Therefore, when sending an email internally to the domain at this stage, NDR will be delivered since it is resolved internally as the address does not exist in EXO. It would be great if admins can control the when to complete the domain ownership verification process, or we could change domain type to Authoritative.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. That a "Global Administrator" can see the Tickets / Incidents that another "Global Administrator"

I'm a Global Administrator in my Organization and I'd like to see the tickets or the requestes for services that have been created by another Global Administrator or in which you're currently working in order to better manage the incidents.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 'office 365 group' Need to customize the roles or permission on granular level since Office 365 Groups are not that easy to manage today.

'Office 365 group' Need to customize the roles or permission on granular level since Office 365 Groups are not that easy to manage today.

Customization of this multi technology combo Group will certainly create a better management for Office 365 Group user/admin level access for future.
    Like for now although we have option to disable Office 365 group creation we need it more granular like adding member and removing member, Member access management as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 'office 365 group' Need to customize the roles or permission on granular level since Office 365 Groups are not that easy to manage today.

'Office 365 group' Need to customize the roles or permission on granular level since Office 365 Groups are not that easy to manage today.

Customization of this multi technology combo Group will certainly create a better management for Office 365 Group user/admin level access for future.
    Like for now although we have option to disable Office 365 group creation we need it more granular like adding member and removing member, Member access management as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Cannot find Microsoft email in Message Trace

We recently created a rule to warn users of external emails (in at attempt to help avoid phishing). It was going well until people noticed that emails from Microsoft were not being flagged as external. Turns out some emails from Microsoft (in this example no-reply@microsoft.com) skips all our security which considering pretending to be Microsoft is probably a pretty common method of phishing kind of defeats the point!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please increase maximum number of transport rules

We are in the middle of a migration and we stack, because of the maximum number of transport rules limit. We have on-premise Exchange 2013 and over 1100 rules we need to import to the Exchange Online and probably create more rules in Exchange Online as well. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Anonymize OneDrive for Business shared links

When sharing a OneDrive for Business link outside the organization (anonymous link), the URL exposes the SharePoint tenant name, and the user's account name. It should be possible to share files to the outside without exposing this information by anonymizing the link to the file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Need logs for blocked incoming messages when using the Spamhaus Block List

I would like the EXO message trace to take logs including error codes and status for blocked incoming messages from senders in the Spamhaus Block List, so that we can take immediate action in case of requesting unblock while checking NDR status for inbound/outbound messages in the message trace logs.

EXO message trace doesn’t have logs for messages from senders in the Spamhaus Block List since incoming messages from those IP address would be blocked at the very first Exchange Online edge server.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow us to trace all messages with the primary email address only

It would be great if we could use the primary email address only to search for the all message trace report.
    We currently need to use the primary email address or sign-in account as a sender to obtain the tracking report for all messages in the certain mail box if we set the secondary email address as sign-in account and the primary one is different from the sign-in account.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I want a feature to display Microsoft 365 Admin Center Service Health in Japanese

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft 365 管理センターの [サービス正常性] を日本語で表示する機能の追加を希望します。
    I want a feature to display Microsoft 365 Admin Center Service Health in Japanese

■Description(内容):
    サービス インシデントが発生した際に、[サービス正常性] にて確認可能です。
    しかしながら、英語表記となっておりエンド ユーザー様へ適切なご説明が困難です。
    そのため、正式レポートとして日本語にて表示する機能の追加を希望します。
    When service incidents happen they can be checked using Service Health.
    But everything is in English and it is hard to explain properly to the end user.
    So I hope a feature will be added to make official reports display in Japanese.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable automatic translation feature for MC posts of Prevent or fix issues

In Message center, although we select our language preference as Japanese and turn the automatic translation switch on, messages which are categorized as Prevent or fix issues won’t be translated. On the other hand, other category posts are translated, so it would be great that all posts are translated. Then users could immediately understand the messages.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable DKIM signature for the mail to accepted domains registered in the tenant

If a mail sent to an accepted domain when it is sent to externally from Exchange Online, the mail doesn’t get DKIM signature.
    In such case, there is no way to avoid spam mails that might be avoided by external side when DKIM signature has been enabled.
    Therefore, I would like you to implement a feature that enable DKIM signature in mails sending externally from Exchange Online even if the percipient is an accepted domain.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In Exchange Online Protection, add the ability to add a safe sender based on another domains SPF or MX records

In Exchange Online Protection, add the ability to add a safe sender based on a domains' SPF or MX records, instead of needing to manually add the IP addresses.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make available the feature to extract report of which Admin created a mailbox in Exchange Online along with date of creation

Please make available the feature to extract report of which Admin created a mailbox in Exchange Online along with date of creation via PowerShell and also Security & Compliance Audit logs. Checked several forums where this is looked & requested for by several Admins since years now. Hence, please consider this as a really needed feature to be introduced in the nearest future

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow members to see another timezone immediately upon entering a conversation

With 6 offices across 10 time zones it would be helpful for a team chat if I could see their time when I enter a chat for that time zone. As of now we are requiring staff to enter their timezone in their profile but I will have to go look it up to see what time it is rather than a display feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Calendar notices to a whole group of users

What we want is to create a calendar to share among several people that meets the following conditions:
    - Everyone has permission to create appointments on the calendar.
    - Everyone should receive appointment notices.
    - Only people to whom we give permission can use the calendar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow domains with special characters to be used in O365

Domain names With special characters are often used and specially in the Nordic countries and some other European countries. As of now it is not possible to use special characters in custom domains in O365. We will only see the ASCII (xn--) format of the domain. This will exclude Companies With this in their names and we cannot provide them With O365 services.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. alert policy

Alert Policy

I could not edit the Alert policy to limit the scope to specific users by navigating Alerts - Alert Policies. Instead I have to navigate to https://protection.office.com/managealerts or Alerts-Dashboard ->Activity alerts - New Alerts. I have to delete existing policy and create a new one

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive

Allow user account from another windows domains to access folders of a OneDrive instance in the primary windows domain. This would be for a use case where within one company there is more than one windows domain with only one OneDrive where the user wants to place files on that are relevant for both domains. Similar to the way Windows users can be granted access to folders on a network drive in another windows domain.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow usage of SMTP Auth with dynamic IP address

I tried to use the SMTP Auth configuration of Office 365 in a third part software, the problem is that due to my connection that has a dynamic IP addressit's impossibile for me to use the SMTP Auth because all the IP's of my internet provider are banned.
    It shoud be possible to create an exception in the Exchange configuration to use or not the IP blacklist for SMTP Auth.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

SMTP AUTH (using the smtp.office365.com endpoint) is designed to specifically alow dynamic IPS to be used. SMTP Relay involving a static IP connector does allow dynamic IP. Please confirm if this is indeed SMTP AUTH or SMTP Relay.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base