Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. JunkMail auditing

When users flag messages as Junkmail or a False positive, allow for Admins to audit messages flagged as such for their tenants.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate Message Analyzer with MessageTrace

Integrate the Message Analyzer found at the TestConnectivity (https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/) site with MessageTrace. When looking at the MessageTrace and selecting a message add the ability to get the Message Analyzer view for the specific message in a new window.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Track usage by Alias emails as well as Primarary accounts.

I have many users with a lot of Aliases, I need to know which ones are not used over a period of time like a year. So I can delete the not used accounts and/or alias.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Text messages notifications

We would like to be able to send multiple notifications using text message. Presently, we can only associate on phone number to an account. We would like to be able to associate mutiple phone numbers to the same account

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give us the ability to provide read only access to entire mailboxes

We need feature parity between Domino and Exchange online for providing access control to user and shared mailboxes. In Domino I can grant access permissions at the mailbox level. In exchange online I can only grant full access at the mailbox level. I can grant specific access at the folder level in Exchange online but this is a pointless feature in our environment and extremely tedious to implement.

168 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add feature to remove/strip documents metadata

There should a way or setting in SP2013 to allow users or maybe users with admin privilege to strip custom meta-data. What I mean by meta-data is the SP custom columns created in library. SP 2013 keeps the meta-data even if you download the file to your desktop or outside SP 2013.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. SharedComputerActivation Reporting

I would like to see a report detailing users that are currently using office 365 proplus on a shared computer. Currently the dashboard only reports licensing for users that are using Office 365Proplus on a non shared computer.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. sourceAnchor Name

It would be great if we able to retrieve sourceAnchor attribute name (attribute which links on premise object with cloud object) using some office365 cmdlet.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Better reporting on shares and permissions on document libraries.

I would like to see better reporting tools so I can for instance create a report that shows who has what access to what documents/folders etc. within a library or site. This is currently only available via a 3rd party application.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Avoid sending emails to all administrators

When a change is made i.ex. in the number of licenses, an emails is send to ALL administrators - actually TWO emails is send; one for Office 365 and one to the Recovery email.

I would like to avoid that!

The second part of the problem (sending to recovery email) is in my mind an Error. The recovery email should be used only to recover password - nothing else!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. O365 online exchange users signature as in ms outlook (under message).

In O365 Exchange online would be great to have, users signature as in ms outlook (under every users message). This is not same as disclaimer.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide a way to make apps visible or hidden in the app launcher for all users in the entire tenant (or a group of users)

Provide a way to make apps visible or hidden in the app launcher for all users in the entire tenant (or a group of users)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide Send/Receive Email Address Only for Users

We have several contractors who work for us. We need them to have a company send/receive email address for corresponding with clients. We need a way to issue them an email address without purchasing Office 365 licenses for them? I don't need them to use Office and SharePoint and all the other apps in Office 365, they just need a send/receive email address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow undeliverable emails to be automatically forwarded

I would like to be able to autoforward undeliverable emails that are sent to me. For example: If some tries to send an email with a typo, say using Erik@abc.com instead of Eric@abc.com, I want the message to be sent to Info@abc.com instead of being returned as undeliverable. I would like to be able to send any undeliverable emails sent to @abc.com to the Info@abc.com so that someone can review them and make sure that the valid emails are sent to where they should go.

This functionality is available for a small email provider called Network Solutions that I…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability for global administrator to remove app from app launcher for all users

Ability for app to be globally removed from the app launcher - as opposed to telling 50,000+ to unpin it themselves.

315 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow adding another domain for new Sharepoint Site Collection within one tenant

If an Organization (Customer) has more Companies placed around the world they may have work processes and requirements separately for each. Therefore they may require to use Sharepoint for each Company separately with own URL/domain. It has simple solution to create new tenant. But if they are using and have active licenses of Academic or Non-profit type it may causes problems to build new tenant. Also there may be another requirements to share Calendars of users between more Companies stored in current tenant. In the past there can be used Public Website with Subsite (with canceled inheriting permissions) for it.…

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide Immutableid of group as like user using powershell cmdlet

User's immutable id is exposed through Get-Msoluser cmdlet. But group's immutable id is not exposed through Get-Msolgroup. Please provide a way to get immutable id of group (just provide immutable id of all objects being synced through appropriate cmdlets as like Get-Msoluser)

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base