Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When a former user email account has been removed their should be the option in Exchange to forward any incoming messages for that account

When a user has left employment and their email account has finally been removed, there should be an option to forward incoming email for that account to an alternative email address for a set limited period set by the IT Team or specified by their former manager. Or the option of a message to say the persons email address is no longer valid and to use an alternative specified email address.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need the shared mail box stats included in the main stats.

Need the shared mail box stats included in the main stats. The current stats does not make any sense as it does not give the full picture of the real adoption and usage, as it is only a subset of the real usage. Hence need this feature if we are to continue using this product.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change the sending behaviour

If ExchangOnline sends an E-Mail to an recipient, who uses greylisting he get's the first time rejected with a temp error. Everything fine and ok so far. For the next try EXO uses another sending IP address and get rejected again. Triplet is unknown again. This can last over 24h and is not acceptable. Please please sleep a night about this and e.g. remember the IP the mail was send last time.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. recover migration batches

Would be great if we have atleast limited threshold time to recover deleted batches in O365 migrations.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Visibility of delegate can see private items

As an admin I have been asked to check senior management mailboxes for delegates in particular to see if delegates can see private items.

It is not currently possible to see this information from a power shell command or from EMC.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow the online archive to auto map for shared mailbox

Create a CmdLet to switch On or Off visibility of the Online Archive for Shared Mailboxes in the Outlook client, when Users are given access via Security Group.

At the moment the only way Users will get an Online Archive for a Shared Mailbox is if they are explicitly added to the permissions of a mailbox. Or access the Shared mailbox via the Outlook Web App.

If you are given Full Mailbox access to a Shared Mailbox by being a member of a Security Group, the Online Archive will not be displayed when the Shared mailbox is attached to the…

213 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow option in Exchange online to hide Distribution List members from viewing to users

There should be an option in Exchange online to hide Distribution List members from viewing to users as this capability is available in On Premises Exchange through Active Directory (by going into Distribution List property > Attribute Editor > HideDLMemberShip > True

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When setting up an Identity Verification App, give the user the option to turn on 2 step verification

What's the point of an identity verification app without 2 step verification? I (wrongly) assumed that I had set up 2 step verification after setting up the id verification app. At least encourage the users to set up 2 step verification if you don't do it for them!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When removing an email from your account, remove the password recovery email too

(This may not be the right forum, but I can't find a general logon forum) I removed an email alias from my ms live account. I had a the same address set as a password reset option. After removing the email alias the password reset option was still available (and my account was compromised).

It makes sense to check for the password reset emails when removing an email alias from the account, and at least warn the customer, or even better add an option to remove the password reset option.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Creating rule where "sender is ..." should specify a user's email address not the user's name

Creating rules where "sender is" should specify a user's email account. Currently it does not. Instead it currently specifies a user name. In the common case where a user has multiple email address an error is evoked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The ability to remove a device from the list of devices in the MDM for Office 365

The ability to remove a device from the list of devices in the MDM for Office 365

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. receive an email when a tenant administrator log in

I would like to receive an email when a tenant administrator log in to our Office 365 environment.

The mail should be send to different mailadresses so when a tenant administrator logs in after workhours we are notified instantly. It would also be great to receive a message when a failed login happens for the tenant administrator.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable Windows Powershell to use MFA

We want to use Windows Powershell with MFA accounts for more security

787 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make deactivated rules visible for administrators in "other user"

So in case of illness of the user, admin can activate e.g. email forwarding rules quickly and user can deactivate them by themselves when they return. Absence notice and E-Mail forwarding would be so in the same area.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Azure AD Connect - sync Contact objects including their external SIP address (to add Skype for Bus. federated contacts to O365 Directory)

Currently Azure AD Connect does not add a Contact object's SIP address (synchronized from on-premise) to the EmailAddresses attribute in Office 365 if it is an external SIP domain. We would like to populate this SIP address to the Office 365 Directory so we can see the Contact's presence and automatically connect (IM) with these Contacts using Skype for Business. These are federated SIP domains.

Right now the EmailAddresses atribute only gets synced and populated with the SIP address if the SIP domain is registered as an internal domain in Office 365. It seems logical to add the SIP address…

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please incorporate and have a way of configuring "auto-accept" on users mailboxes in O365 instead of just allowing this on resource mailboxe

Please incorporate and have a way of configuring "auto-accept" on users mailboxes in O365 instead of just allowing this on resource mailboxes. A previous version of Exchange 2003 had this feature and I find it hard to believe that we cannot have a similar option in exchange 2013.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a tile for the SharePoint site usage

In the new reports there are tiles for Yammer, Email, Onedrive, Skype and Office activation's. How come no tile for SharePoint? This would be great and would allow us to see SharePoint usage and trend at a glance

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. How can i check who has made a change to internal sharepoint subcription

Currently my company has 5 global admins so when someone change subscription, all 5 admins are being notified but no one knows who has changed & what changes has been done.
    is it something available in current admin section or do I need to raise ticket everytime? please advise

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Inform the other Tech support teams within Microsoft on how expiring and new subscriptions will automatically migrate for users

I spent 5 days with various L3 MS engineers and four different departments all working out who would rectify the solution / supply a fix. I get to the licensing team finally and they tell me - don't worry it will happen AUTOMATICALLY!
    FYI - if a customer raises a case - allow your other L3 teams to move a case around to licensing teams. Raising new cases just causes a disconnect / more frustration for the customer / and distorts the statistics on how well MS resolve issues in MS favour.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base