Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Attached files for Service Request

When Admin User creates new service request from Office 365 Admin center, it is possible to attach up files (Screen shots or documents).
    But these attached files are not able to open after submitted.
    Usually, Admin User needs to check these attached files.
    It will be more user friendly feature that Admin User are able to open the attached files from created Service Requests.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. RSS feed for Service Health Dashboard

RSS feed for Service Health Dashboard is not available anymore.
    Now User can get service health notifications from the Office 365 Admin mobile app.

But the previous RSS feed was also fruitful service since User can download it by Outlook Client.
    Re-release RSS feed for Service Health Dashboard will be an ideal feature for many Users.

360 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding Permissions to Resource Mailbox Calendar Folder

When Admin User creates a new Resource Mailbox, "Default" and "Anonymous" permissions have been set by default to Calendar folder.
    After the Resource Mailbox creation, usually Admin User adds permission to Calendar Folder to grant limited users to access the calendar.
    For example, Reviewer.

But currently, it is not possible to add permission to calendar folder by Exchange admin center. Thus we have to run Windows PowerShell cmdlet.
    It will be more effective function that "Mailbox Creation" and "Adding Permission to Calendar Folder" can be set at once.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Delegate Permission from Windows PowerShell Cmdlet

There is no Windows PowerShell Cmdlet to set delegate access rights.
    Since other Mailbox folder permissions can be managed by Windows PowerShell, Admin User also prefers to manage delegate access rights instead of each user.

Windows PowerShell cmdlet to manage delegate permission including "private event items management" parameter and "Delver meeting requests addressed to me and responses to meeting requests where I am the organizer to" parameter will be an ideal feature for Admin User.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. can chose a planning to send emails

to be posible to chose a planning to send emails (due to deconecxion right low in France)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable default contents to be automatically placed in new meeting invites. (Outlook)

Enable default contents to be automatically placed in new meeting invites in outlook. E.g. when creating a new meeting invite a blank meeting agenda already exists so that the arranger can quickly fill out the meeting agenda details.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow to disable New Plan in Planner

When I use New Plan in Planner, it creates a new Group as well and currently bypasses Naming conventions for groups. It should then also follow the Naming Conventions for Groups. Alternatively, allow a new option to disable the "New Plan" option in the Planner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Message trace

I would like the Message Trace feature to be able to view the body of the email it has found, plain text will be enough.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow admin to change staff start pages from powershell, and or admin portal

Grant admin the ability to change staff start pages on mass.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Billing Notifications more managable

It would be good to have a feature where Billing Notifications could be managed better. At the moment all Global Admins and their alternative addresses are receiving notifications. I would like the facility to either assign this to a single mailbox or at least be able to remove addresses from the notification list.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Prevent OneDrive for Business toggle in Admin from turning off all Online Apps in Portal

When turning off the OneDrive for Business in Product Licenses for a User, it turns off the appearance of ALL Office Online apps when clicking on My Apps in Portal for the user. This should only turn off the OneDrive icon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Restrict access to Mailbox via ActiveSync on serverside

Currently there is no option to exclude folders or object types for ActiveSync on Serverside. It would be nice, if i could e.g. allow only Sync of Calendar and Contacts from server side without a MDM-solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. BUG :: OneDrive Usage Report is Wrong : Showing TB insted of GB

When i check the report in Office 365 Admin Center > It is showing incorrect information. It is showing that i have utilized 1.1 TB but i only have uploaded 1.1 GB to the OneDrive Personal site.
    When i go to OneDrive Site > Site Settings > Storage Metrics then it is showing correct information.

Fix it

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Partner Portal - Heldesk Agent cannot provide service

Within the Partner Portal you can assign a user as a Helpdesk Agent. However this role cannot provide service as they cannot access any of the clients environments such as CRM Online.

Please consider either renaming this role (perhaps to Password Reset as that seems to be the only service they can provide) or allowing this role the required access to provide helpdesk services to the clients.

The only workaround I can find is to make the support users Admin users as this is the only option that allows them access to the clients systems to provide support

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Single activation key for schools

Activation by user is not acceptable for organizations that have multiple users on a single computer. There should be a way deploy Office 365 and activate it with a single license key. You give Office 365 to schools for student use for free, which is great, but now I have to spend hours activating office on all of my machines. The config.xml could be used to activate Office 2013, there should be a single user key that I can assign all of my licenses to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. delegated administration for Power BI

Currently there is no possibility to get delegated admin rights for Power BI, you have te be global Office365 admin (too much rights)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Admin's to create more customizable responses as a mail flow rule.

O365 need to provide additional options to respond to emails as a mail flow rule using a format capable message window, or template.

This would be helpful for providing responses to emails sent to a specific address where people are submitting resumes, help desk requests, or recently departed employees, where an unfriendly DNR is not suitable.

In example, when I get email from recently departed employees, I would like to send an auto-response that says: The person (employee name) is no longer an employee of our Company, and we would like to continue our communication at the most effective level.…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. App-V on RDS

Enable support for App-V on RDS with subscription license

4 votes
    Vote