Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Office 365 Admin Portal - frequency of changes is increasing workload

The frequency of changes seemingly without consultation that are being made to the O365 Admin Centre is causing significant additional workload and work arounds for system admins. We have a perfectly working and established process which then has to be re-worked (often with reduced functionality for business requirements) and is mandated by Microsoft so that we have to scramble to develop other methods to do the same thing with little notice. This is becoming increasingly frustrating - e.g. especially with reporting where we have developed spreadsheets to import in specific formats with complex formulas - only to have to redevelop…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic assignment of licenses

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ライセンスの自動割り当て機能の実装について
    Automatic assignment of licenses

■Description(内容):
    新規ユーザー作成および、セルフサインアップでユーザーが作成された際に、
    事前に付与の許可をしているライセンスが自動的にユーザーへ付与される機能の実装をして欲しい。

Please add a way to automatically assign licenses approved in advance to newly created users, or users who use self-sign-up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Failed login attempts automated alert

Alert in email on failed login attempts to Office 365 email, onedrive, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Scheduled reports

Scheduled DLP reports is not attaching the export to the email. Its just a link where auditors have to login and export the report in can manually.

Just attach the report.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Power BI report server datasource from SharePoint Online

Would like to have the ability to be able to add a SharePoint online list as a datasource on a power bi report server so we can schedule report updates.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Accessing Microsoft Forms on third party browsers using Office 365 Global Admin Account

During my support session for solution with a client I removed the affected user's multiple Admin roles and gave him Global Admin role and as a result he was able to login fine to MS forms using Microsoft and 3rd party browsers in which appears to be a bug.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Filters in the support ticket history

■Title(件名):
    サポートチケット履歴のフィルターについて
    Filters in the support ticket history

■Description(内容):
    サポートチケット履歴について、現状はフィルターにて他の管理者ユーザーと内容の共有が可能だが、既定のフィルターが "自分のフィルター" になっている。
    既定のフィルターのカスタマイズができるようになると作業効率があがるため導入してほしい。

In the support ticket history, it’s possible to share filter content with other administrators, but the default filter is “My filter”.
    Please make it possible to change the default filter, as this would make working with this function more effective.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Develop a full customizable GUI interface for address list policies for domains in exchange.

allow development and full customization of the address list polices and attributes for domains. It is a extremely slow process to develop the entire structure Via windows PowerShell or exchange power shell Extension.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a way to check a list of addresses of each member in an active group in the Microsoft 365 admin center

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft 365 管理センターからアクティブなグループの各メンバーのメール アドレスを一覧で確認出来る機能の実装を希望します。
    Add a way to check a list of addresses of each member in an active group in the Microsoft 365 admin center

■Description(内容):
    社の運用として、同一テナント内で同姓同名でメールアカウントの作成を行っている。
    先行リリースにて展開された更新プログラムにて、管理センターの GUI 上からグループ内の各メンバーのメールアドレスが確認できなくなってしまった。
    1グループに40人以上のメンバーがいる場合、[すべてのメンバーの表示と管理]を選択すると、メールアドレスが表示されず、ユーザー名での表示になってしまうため、ユーザーの区別がつけられない。
    上記の理由より、Microsoft 365 管理センターからアクティブなグループの各メンバーのメール アドレスを一覧で確認出来る機能の実装を希望します。

In our company, email accounts with the same first/surname are created within the same tenant.
    Due to the update program in the previous release, it is no longer possible to check a list of mail addresses of each member in the group from the admin center GUI.
    If there are more than 40 people in a group, clicking on “View…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. About group owner permissions

■Title(件名):
    グループの所有者権限について
    About group owner permissions

■Description(内容):
    "メールが有効なセキュリティグループ" を使用していますが、メンバーの入れ替わりが頻繁なため、管理者で都度対応するのではなくメンバー自身で対応を出来るようにしたいと考えております。
    しかしながら、メンバーの追加・削除を行うには所有者である必要があります。
    メンバーに自動的に所有者の権限を付与するなど、動的な設定があると利便性が向上すると思うので、機能の拡充を希望いたします。

We are using “Mail-enabled security groups”, but the members are changed frequently, so I would like the members themselves to be able to take care of this instead of requiring administrators to do it every time.
    However, addition/removal of members requires action by the owner.
    Please make it possible to automatically assign owner permissions to members etc. to improve convenience.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enhance office application usage details in O365 Admin portal report

To enhance Office application usage details to include count per user per different platform and app in O365 Admin portal instead of just indicating Yes, No.
    https://admin.microsoft.com/Adminportal/Home#/reportsUsage/ProPlusUsage

For example, Outlook (Windows) column, I want to know for a particular user how much usage he has Outlook(Windows), Word (Windows) , Powerpoint (windows) etc

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Let customer know they need to use mail contact for specified senders

Hello,

I just learned that one need to first add external senders as “Mail Contact” type, so they can be selected to be added a specified senders, as part of the "Delivery Management" of a "Distribution List".

Before I tried to simply add a text of email address, external, to the input field and it was not accepted.

Shame that MS doesn’t mention this fact in the UI nor in the online help. You just frustrate customers and add un-needed support cases.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. DLP policy match report corrupted when it includes two-byte characters

When you create a custom report via DLP policy match in SCC, you’ll see the report corrupted if the data has two-byte characters

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Calendar usage report

I would like to view calendar usage report in M365 admin center. More specifically, I would like view calendar usage reports by filtering with conditions such as meeting title, place, number of members, date and time.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove resource mailboxes from Active users

We have the Resource and equipment section to manage resource mailboxes, so I don’t think resource mailboxes have to be listed in the Active users section. I would like to see user mailboxes only in the Active users section.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Just noticed recently that the GUI interface for the Exchange Admin Center is off slightly

Just noticed a few weeks ago that the GUI interface is off slighty for the top right hand corner. I now have to scroll over to get to the account icon. It used to be visible without having to scroll over.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. give admins ability to block user from changing password.

I need a feature that prevents users from changing their own passwords in MS 365.Only allow admins this function.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Exchange Admin Center - External Delivery to Distribution List

Under the new Exchange Admin Center UI, https://admin.exchange.microsoft.com/#/groups, at the center UI path of Recipients > Groups > Distribution list:

If you select a group that is not accepting incoming email from external senders and then click “Settings”:

1. You will have there a current status text of “Sender options: Only allow messages from people inside my organization”, but if you click the link below of “Edit delivery management”, you will see that the selected “radio button” option is “Allow messages from people inside and outside my organization” – so we have a contradicting situation here. I guess in the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add company logo to shared inboxes

As a small business owner it would be great if we can add a company logo image to the profile for shared inboxes similar to what can be done for individual user accounts. Not sure why this functionality is blocked, but it make it really professional when your company logo is included to the left of emails on mobile device email apps.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base